Light-O-Rama Forums

Success

75redman

The debut of lights, first year, is a success. We tuned the car stereo to 106.9 & blared it then stood across the street enjoying the show. SEVERAL (15+) neighbors strolled down & enjoyed it with us. We assured those that live directly across from us that we're only blaring the music tonight & the show will end at 10 so they won't have flashing lights in their windows all night long. They just laughed & said "crank it up!" Our neighbors rock! LOL :);):D

post-10366-0-44607100-1353702511_thumb.j

Congratulations.No better feeling the watching your show come to life and people coming to enjoy it.My show starts on thanksgiving night every year with the mp3 director.I am always out of town and come home to the show running and people watching in their cars.

I had a wonderful Thankgiving evening as the 1st year, 1st show came to life, right on schedule. My dinner guests were thrilled - but not as much as I was... After all those hours of sequencing, hours of studying the training (thank you LOR and members), hours of design details, power balancing and finally installation and custom cables - it all ran - just as the Visualizer showd it (thank you LOR for the Visualizer).

As an added plus to this success, my wife now spent a couple of hours with me reworking the show schedule and timings on several songs that were still not quite right.

What we have done to the daily show schedule to help the neighbors (avoid too much activity) is have three 30 minute shows on the hour between 6 and 8pm.

5-5:55 static icicle lights /

5:55 5 minute light routine - get ready for the show

6:00-6:30 main show, also broadcast on low power FM (we get about 2-3 blocks)

6:30-6:55 static icicle lights

6:55-7 5 minute light routine - get ready for the show

7-7:30 main show

7:30-7:55 static icicle lights

7:55-8 5 minute light routine - get ready for the show

8:00-8:30 main show, also broadcast on low power FM (we get about 2-3 blocks)

8:30-10:00 static icicle lights

I power on the FM just before the show, and off after the show. Otherwise, LOR handles it all.

• The topic was locked