Light-O-Rama Forums

question about led trees

calypso11

i have 4 led tree but they seem to be those that are pre programmed to twinkle , shimmer , light different tubes at time , they have a box on them seems to tell tree what to do , my question is how or if i can by pass that box because with my show unless i have that tree on for 2 sec it wont light up , it a light show (manufacture of product) led tree i had for last 2 years this is my first year doing lor and started with 64 channels kinda bit of more than i can chew but learning fast and looking forward to expanding next year. thank you and happy thanksgiving

Short answer is that you just leave it on. Long answer is that you will need to engineer it to work off of standard wall socket so that it is always on. Then it can be controlled. But a good knowledge of electricity with a splash of electronics is needed. I am sure that the box along with doing the controlling. Also rectifies the AC to DC and provides any voltage dropping that is needed. There is so much information missing that I for one wont even try to give you specifics to this problem.

i have the same trees (Not using do to one tree quit working) This is my first year with LOR also I am gonna take them apart because I am planning to add RGB DMX to my show next year

i am also doing rgb next year bout lights controller and everything and i will add these tree on that next year and play with them thanks for the responses

I avoided buying those or in the case of those that I have, I either just turn them on and off or don't use them. Now I'm not into RGB yet as I wanted to see what the response was before I spent any more on this hobby but tonight will tell the tale as such when I light it up for the season.

Now I'm not into RGB yet as I wanted to see what the response was before I spent any more on this hobby but tonight will tell the tale as such when I light it up for the season.

It's not the number of lights that will make people stop and enjoy. Nor is it which type of lights you use (although having said that, people do seem to respond to CCRs and CCBs quite positively).

What makes the difference between people stopping or just slowing down, or the difference between stopping for 2 minutes or staying for an hour is the sequencing. The sequencing is what determines whether you'll be an equipment buyer or seller next year.

Well, hoping that they enjoy the sequencing as I've put a lot of effort and thought into it with the consideration its my first time. I'll find out in a few hours if they like or not.