Light-O-Rama Forums

First time turning on the ccr tree

SnappyTom

Ok got it 12 channel tree set up and went to the Hardware untility to see some lights and can only turn on about 6 light on the bottom of a strand is coming on. Hummm all the CCR are set to normal. Any ideas?

In the LOR Control tab of the Hardware Utility you can only control 16 channels at a time. The CCR has 150 (plus macros)

Click the "Console" button at the bottom of the LOR Control tab. You'll want Extended Circuit ID's and either LOR % or DMX settings.

Since you've verified you can talk to the units, I'd just stop there and move along to the sequence editor. The HWU is of limited use for large channel count items like CCR's.

• Like 1

Thanks One of my chalanges was not having the SSS channels correct had to watch tutorial 5 again. I am getting closer

Since you've verified you can talk to the units, I'd just stop there and move along to the sequence editor. The HWU is of limited use for large channel count items like CCR's.

very good advice,I ran into the same issue last year,and went to the se and all worked as it should(after I set them to normal mode)

Ok checking network 1 on com5 it identifies all 17 controlers 5 controlers and 12 CCR controlers, on com 6 it identifies all 17 controlers also and it shows a com3 that dosnt find any controlers??????? network 1 should identify 5 controlers and 6 CCR controlers. network 2 should ID 6 CCR controlers????

I've seen that before. turned out to be noise on the line. Make sure you have all good connection and good cables. I have short cables that I crated myself that test OK with an ethernet tester, but when switched out, the problem went away.

Same thing caused countrollers to have ?????? in the description.

I found it by searching for controllers with only a couple of controllers connected and then slowely added controllers until I started having problems, replaced the last cable and it worked.

I have max amout of unit id at 11 and it finds 17??????

11 in Hex is 17 in decimal (or whatever numbering system we humans use.)

I have an ELL on each network leaving my computer. Is that a problem?

I doubt it, but to rule it out, disconnect the ELL from the network you are not currently testing.

unpluged the other USB to the other network and it cant find any controlers.

i m sure its something simple but i cant quite get it.

Don even if I unplug the USB on one of the networks it still sees all 17 controlers on both networks.

unpluged the other USB to the other network and it cant find any controlers.

i m sure its something simple but i cant quite get it.

You don't have two networks configured then.

How do you have things set up? Try something simple. Connect one ELL and CCR Controller to one USB485B, and another ELL and CCR controller to the other USB485B.

That would be two different networks configured.

I have 2 USBs and 2 485B and 2 ELLs that should give me the two coms and two networks. Yes? and I have the two networks setup in the CCR sequences.

I have 2 USBs and 2 485B and 2 ELLs that should give me the two coms and two networks. Yes? and I have the two networks setup in the CCR sequences.

That should give you two networks. However, if you are seeing all 17 on one network, then they aren't separated out. I don't use the ELL's enough to know if they would be causing the problem or not.

Tom,

I understand that your running a set of ELL's to run 6 of your CCRibons, What is the other ELL for on the other network?