Light-O-Rama Forums

Has A Release Date Been Set

Tom B.

Hi All,

Did I miss an announcement regarding the Release Date of LORII. I haven't been on line much over the past few months -- and probably have missed a lot.

So, my question is: Has an official Release Date been set for LOR2?

Hope so, otherwise, I'll assume no change and just keep working with LOR1.

Later,

T.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Denny

• Ponddude

• Dale W

• Brad Stevens

No release date has been put out yet. I am SPECULATING, but with the new devices scheduled for shipment in August (dmx and DC controllers), I sure hope LOR II is released simultaneously or shortly thereafter. It would make sense to me so that more LOR I updates would not have to be released for these new controllers. Again, I am SPECULATING and HOPEFUL without anything to base it on.

I love your speculation. I too think that with all the new devices that are coming out, that LOR II will be released in August as well. Dan did say, however, that you won't need LOR II to control the DMX board, so who knows...:?

Greg

I too would have to agree with Denny. I would speculate August as well since the iDMX32 will be released at that time.

Dan had said that LOR II would be released in time for last Christmas. When that didn't happen and after all the messages on the PC forum, Dan basically said that he learned his lesson and wasn't going to give dates anymore. Quite understandable, you never know what unexpected thing might happen. But, as we used to say in the Air Force, this is "rumor control," and it is fun to speculate as long as people don't believe it as fact. My speculation is that LOR I will control the dmx and DC boards, but Dan and company would have to release another update to LOR I to include it (neither board is currently listed in the device types). If LOR II is that close to release, why go through the hassle of writing new code for LOR I and potentially creating more unforeseen "bugs" like those in the original 1.6 (corrected by 1.6.1, I think) and the problems associated with the update for Vista. OK, now who wants to share their thoughts.

Tom B. wrote:

So, my question is: Has an official Release Date been set for LOR2?

There has been no posting from LOR, either on their site, or on a forum as to the release date of LOR2.

The release of Vista by Microsoft probably caused some delays for LOR II's release also. At the time of Vista's release, I imagine that Dan wouldn't want to release LOR II, only to have to revise it for Vista. Perhaps the patch to 1.6.3 is to be incorporated into LOR II and Dan is waiting to see if it resolves the current speed issue before releasing LOR II.

Isn't second guessing based on no facts fun? Helps take the edge off the anticipation of LOR II though.

Guest wbottomley

Ponddude wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Didn't anyone see it in the old forum?

See what??

Greg

Just having a little fun. No release date has been set that I've seen.

ONLY SPECULATION: it might get showcased at PLUS 2007. You know it's in August and the release of the new products are in August too.

Sorry for not posting for a while.... Been very busy and we have been doing some crunching to get things ready for this year.... THEN the hard drive on my main (personal) PC crashed and it has taken a couple of days to recover from that.... Internet and phones are out for 2 days at one location and .... Do I sound like I am whining? sorry.... :D

Anyhow... We do not have a release date yet but I am pushing hard to get it out ASAP. ... We will have it at PLUS.

• 2 weeks later...

LOR User Jimmy wrote:

I am afraid that they will demo it but not release it.

Seeing a demo will let you know what a lot of the new features are. Then you that go can post what they are. :cool:

Michael B

Here is an off beat question - some of you have mentioned DMX & DC Controlling?

I have (5) 1602W's & (3) 16PC's COntrollers - what is DMX and DC compared to 1602's & 16PC's?

Can those do more?

Just wondering?

Bill,

The DC board can control things that run on low voltages and the DMX controller is just a way to interface the LOR world with the DMX board.

Greg

Overheard today at plus Dan telling someone the software would be out in September. His wife told me that the rumor was that it would be released in September. In the booth is a big banner with what the new version has and I can't wait. Let's just say it has a lot of what we have been waiting for!!!!

• 3 weeks later...