Light-O-Rama Forums

newbie with issues connecting 2nd controller box

kawiking888

Hi, my name is Ray from NW Florida. I started off with 32 channels but I am having issues getting my second box recognized. Does a CAT 5 cable have to be connect to both units or am I not configuring my boxes correctly? Please any help would be awesome & and thanks for having me on your wonderful site!

Hi.

Let's make it a bit more on the simple side. Connect only your new controller (a CTB16PC?) to your USB485 adapter. Configure the controller with its new UnitID. Once you have the ID set, you will then connect one controller to the USB485. You then run a cable from that first controller to your new/second controller. You should then be able to see both controllers in the Hardware Utility.

Also, this typical setup may help explain things more.

Each unit needs its own ID. Your first one was likely 01. Your new one out of the box is 01. So first you need to hook up the new one, and only the new one to your computer and using the HW utility set the new one's channel id to 02.

Then you can either connect both directly into the dongle, or you can daisy chain them together.