Light-O-Rama Forums

Basic Audio Question or so I thought

thevikester

Running the show off my computer...use the headphone out jack of the computer with the RCA cables to the back of the Sony Receiver on the IN slots for lets say DATA/MD ....then RCA cables out of the receiver DATA/MD to the FM Transmitter...FM transmitter works fine, I can hear it on the boom box...but no sound thru the speakers...I am pretty sure this is the way I did it last year, and sound was perfect thru the speakers...this year, nothing..am I missing something?

I'm not running the receiver i'm going into on the FM station, as again, pretty sure I didn't do it that way last year.

any thoughts or am I just missing something very obvious...Thanks!

I take it you are talking about speakers hooked up to the sony receiver. If that is the case I would say you need the receiver on and the input selected to what ever input you are plugged into on the receiver to make the speakers work.

Not sure about the sony receiver, but on my aiwa, there is a button on the front that shuts off the speakers..easy to push and not notice. I run both outdoor speakers and transmitter...but I "Y" off the back of the computer and run a separate line to each

Depending on how old it is, there may be a button on the front that says tape monitor. If that is active the audio will pass through the system to the transmitter but bypass the speakers. This was for dubbing from one device to another.