Light-O-Rama Forums

Nothing works

Bruce Kryfka

This morning I started running my cords to my lights and I have about 15 connected to 2 of my 4 controllers. The hardware is picking up the 4 controllers and I am getting a steady red light indicating connection. So I decided to run a sequence to see how things look and the sequence run but the lights don't work. I'm at a loss for now any ideas on things to try.

Are you running the sequence from the sequence editor? If so, make sure the Control Lights option is checked.

Jerry

What addresses are your controllers set to. What license level are you at for the Light-O-Rama software. ie Basic, Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced.

Check your sequences, and make sure the controller addresses are set correctly.

Another idea, is the LOR control panel active (light bulb in the system tray)? If it is, you probably can't control your lights from the sequence editor.

Can you select one of your controllers in the HU and control the lights? The Control Panel can't be running for this to work either.

Jerry

Edited by LORisAwesome

And to add to what Jerry said, make sure your software is licensed. If you've upgraded recently the software has been known to go back into demo mode.

If Help -> About Light-O-Rama doesn't show "Registered to <Your Name>" then you will need to make sure it's registered. If you have your license key, simply put it in there (you'll see it in the About area). If you've lost your license key, look here.

The HU should be your first stop before running the sequence editor.

Make sure all your controllers are set to the right ID and respond to on/off commands.

Then you are ready to try running the SE.

Scott

What addresses are your controllers set to. What license level are you at for the Light-O-Rama software. ie Basic, Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced.

Check your sequences, and make sure the controller addresses are set correctly.

Controllers are set to 0-1,0-2.0-3,0-4 and I am running Standard level and it is still current.I do believe that the light is in the system tray so that may be a problem I'll double check on that. All my sequences are set correctly now.

Sounds like you are ok with the addresses and the license level.

I believe you can't control lights with the sequence editor when the LOR control panel is active. That is probably the problem.

Let us know if it works.

Jerry