Light-O-Rama Forums

1.6.1 upgrade

Gremler

I had to reload my daughters computer, had her install the LOR software, then the upgrade. It didn't work, she would hit play and nothing would happen, seems she had installed LOR version 1.6.3 on a XP operating system.

So I have removed all the old software, reinstalled the orginal LOR 1.5.0 software but I have searched high and low on the LOR support web site but can not find the 1.6.1 upgrade. Where is it?

Help!!!!!!!

Bill

roadrat wrote:

Gremler wrote:
seems she had installed LOR version 1.6.3 on a XP operating system.

Is this a bad thing? It seems to work for me.

It did not work on her machine, and I installed the latest windows updates, if it work's on your's, I am happy for you.

Gremler wrote:

I had to reload my daughters computer, had her install the LOR software, then the upgrade. It didn't work, she would hit play and nothing would happen, seems she had installed LOR version 1.6.3 on a XP operating system.
Bill

Bill,

I had the same symptoms. It seemed this happened if the .lms file could not find the audio file with which it was associated. There are other issues I believe. I used 1.6.1 and all is well.

Martin

grandad wrote:

It seemed this happened if the .lms file could not find the audio file

The .lms file could find the associated audio file because it was able to show the wave form.

After the computer was first reloaded she had installed Itunes and associated all music files to it, at first I thought maybe that was the reason since LOR uses Windows Media Player, so I associated MP3's and .wav back WMP. No help. It did not work with mp3 or wav.

Bill

Gremler wrote:

grandad wrote:
It seemed this happened if the .lms file could not find the audio file

The .lms file could find the associated audio file because it was able to show the wave form.

After the computer was first reloaded she had installed Itunes and associated all music files to it, at first I thought maybe that was the reason since LOR uses Windows Media Player, so I associated MP3's and .wav back WMP. No help. It did not work with mp3 or wav.

Bill

Bill.... Even if it is showing the wave form you should try and re-associate the audio file with the sequence. You do this using Edit->Audio File.... Does not sound reasonable but it may help.

As far as a link to 1.6.1.... I did not think that we really needed one. 1.6.3 will work (should work) on any platform but there is no reason to go to 1.6.3 if you are already on 1.6.1 except for Vista support.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Bill.... Even if it is showing the wave form you should try and re-associate the audio file with the sequence. You do this using Edit->Audio File.... Does not sound reasonable but it may help.

Actually Dan that was the first thing I did, I have been doing LOR for 1 1/2 year's and PC's since DOS 3.0, so I am not a newbe, I know for a fact that the sequence was associated with the audio file, actually it was a new sequence she had just started on the newly loaded PC. Why it didn't work, don't know, but when you hit play the play button would turn gray, the stop button would turn red, but no sound and the scroll bar would just sit there.

After reading the PC forum's, guess I'm not the only one.

If you need any more info, let me know. I'm sure you will figure it out.

Bill

edit: I just checked my PC, it had 1.6.1 installed, so I upgraded it to 1.6.3, it worked fine the first time. Funny thing is both computers are Dell's and they were both loaded with the same operating system (XP) disk.

Bill

Hey - I loaded my original Light-o-rama software (1.5 version - I think) on a new laptop and saw your post. I downloaded version 1.6.1 from above and it is telling me that I do not have a full version of the software installed?

Any idea's - I do not have the wave form yet.

Thanks, Bill

Bill Sawallisch Jr. wrote:

I loaded my original Light-o-rama software (1.5 version - I think)

Hi Bill

My orginal LOR install software was labeled LORinstall5A13.exe, is that what you installed first?

Bill

If the uninstall/reinstall fails, then please email support@lightorama.com. They know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks guys - that did the trick but why would I need to uninstall and reinstall the program. If there is another upgrade in the future will I have to do that all over again?

Anyways - I appreciate the help as always - I think this support center is great!

Thanks,

Bill Jr.