Light-O-Rama Forums

Using SuperStar Sequencer only with regular christmas lights

Craig Draghi

I currently am still on the S2 software. My Setup is simple with 32 channels (7 flood lights, 4 icicle light sections and then the other 21 are regular string christmas lights over the landscaping (bushes and trees)).

Before I go ahead and upgrade to the S3 software and possibly buy the SuperStar Sequencer, I want to make sure that it is a smart investment. First off, I assume that the S3 software are still compatible with my two 16 channel controllers, but correct me if I am wrong. Also, the way my house is setup is pretty much linear, meaning that all the lights are lined up straight across the house. I attached a picture of my setup to show what I mean.

post-9005-0-88773500-1353472349_thumb.pn

So could I use the SuperStar Sequencer to Auto Sequence my setup and how simple is it to use? How would I use if for my setup?

Thank you for all your help.

You can create a "Quick Visualization" in SuperStar and use Instant Sequence on that. But it would be best to create a visualization of your lights in the Visualizer and then import the visualization into SuperStar. The You can use Instant Sequence on the visualization. You can do all of this with the free demo version and play it to the computer screen to see how it looks. However, to export the file and play it to your lights you need the paid version.

Would you want to use a "Quick Visualization" or create a visualization?

You can create a "Quick Visualization" in SuperStar and use Instant Sequence on that. But it would be best to create a visualization of your lights in the Visualizer and then import the visualization into SuperStar. The You can use Instant Sequence on the visualization. You can do all of this with the free demo version and play it to the computer screen to see how it looks. However, to export the file and play it to your lights you need the paid version.

Would you want to use a "Quick Visualization" or create a visualization?

I would like to use my original visualization or create a visualization that is pretty much identical to my original one.

Do I need S3 software to use the demo?

Unfortunately you cannot use the animation file that you already have. You need to create a visualization using the Visualizer in the S3 software.

If you download S3 the free demo of SuperStar will be with the download.