Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer initial setup

Karenwatt

My version is 3.8.0 and I have had good luck following this tutorial until:

"Start the Sequence Editor, and load the tutorial test sequence that was included (located in the directory "Sequences\LOR Visualizer Tutorial").

I have it listed under Sequences but when I click on it, it says No Items Match your search. Apparently this was not included does anyone know where I can get it? It was there in the visualizer

Also the play button on the visualizer does not seem to work, none of the buttons do?

Edited by Karenwatt

1 - Did you double click on the 'LOR Visualizer Tutorial' folder to take you into it? In there is 'Tutorial.las'. Do you perhaps have it set to 'Musical Sequences'? This is an 'Animation Sequence'.

2 - I'm not sure how you are that far into the tutorial with none of the buttons working.....

Yes I was doing a musical sequence. I chose animation and so I got that solved. I have the 4 channels of strings drawn on the house picture but I still cannot get the play button on the visualizer toolbar to work. None of the buttons are working.

So I am to where it says in the tutorial:

"Almost there. Unless the Visualizer is placed into Simulation mode, it will ignore all commands from the Sequence Editor. To place the Visualizer into Simulation mode, press the "Play" icon in its toolbar. The Visualizer will then go into Simulation mode, hiding many of its controls and toolbars. It is now ready to accept commands from the Sequence Editor."

I can only get the file and edit buttons to work that are written in words. None of the buttons on the toolbar are working? When I go to file and hit simulation mode, a house pops up with no lights drawn on it and stays there until I press stop.

I am supposed to have the full version, is there a chance it is stuck in demo though? At what point after you open the visualizer are the toolbar buttons like play supposed to work?

I just tried this in my old computer running XP Pro and it works perfectly. All of the buttons, icons, etc. It has to be a problem with this computer. It is probably because I downloaded the demo version. Unfortunately I can't tie up the old computer to run shows. I guess I will uninstall LOR completely and start over, or should I try something else?

Karen, when you press play on the Visualizer it darkens all the lights and is waiting from commands from the sequence editor. Then when you hit play in the sequence editor you should see your lights animating in the Visualizer.

Oh, and you have to have "Control Visualizer" checked in the sequence editor Play menu.

Did I understand your question correctly and did that help?

Charlie

Edited by Push Eject

On this computer, I cannot push play on the visualizer, I can access the simulation mode with the file icon but nothing happens when I push play on the sequence editor. No lights come on or blink or animating.

On my xp computer it is working fine,

I have 'control visualizer' checked. I have checked and double checked all of the settings, I even tried setting both to 30304 as someone on another thread had said that worked in their situation.

Oddly enough It will not allow me to choose 'use a blank background' either.

Hrm. I'm stumped. I guess I would try a reinstall of the software or perhaps it's time for a call to Lightorama's tech support.

There is something wrong with your Windows installation on that computer. Uninstall S3, and then re-install it. When you run the installation again, right click on it and select 'Run as administrator'. Also ensure the user you are logged in with to windows has Admin rights.

It did not good to completely uninstall and reinstall. I tried that. Then I tried using the LOR registry wipe first, I found it else where on this site, and uninstalling and reinstalling. I still cannot access the buttons on the toolbar in the visualizer. There was no where to right click and select run as administrator? I right clicked on everything that I came to. No option for that anywhere. I am the only user on this computer and I have the administrator rights.

Now it won't correctly reinstall, it says: Error: Path/File access error On Step: Install demos It says this after it says that it has installed when I go to open the control panel in LOR or anything else in LOR.

Ok update here. After plugging in the LOR USB485 adapter into the USB port and updating the drivers, I was able to download the 3.8.0 software, however the buttons still will not work. I was able to get the simulator to work to control the lights through the file button though.

Wondering if I should just try downloading the version before 3.8.0 to see what happens.

I'm sorry it's being so difficult. At this point I'd be calling tech support or using your other computer that works correctly. Good luck!

As I said, you have a Windows problem, not an LOR problem. Since you are having problems with the button bar, that tells me that a DLL is not registered properly, or windows is preventing its installation.

You can usually fix the permissions issue by right clicking the install file and selecting 'Run as Administrator', or by finding the 'Run as Administrator' setting in the properties of the install file.