Light-O-Rama Forums

play partial sequence....

carsonsig

ok, I have a few songs that are novelty... gangnam... lmfao etc. that I want to put in, but maybe not run 3-4 minutes of.

is there an easy way to say, in show builder etc..., play x sequence for only 1.5 minutes, or should I just copy the file and cut up the copy and make a shorter one...

Thanks Don. I appreciate it. sometimes the obvious solution is the best... however I didnt want to go chopping pasting and whatnot if there was a setting buried somewhere that said play to x time and fade off or something.

Copy and make a shorter one. The software plays the entire sequence.

isn't there a setting that you can change to shorten a sequence, kinda remember doing that to a couple of songs. If I am correct then he can do his regular sequence but shorten each to say a minute then run back to back.

isn't there a setting that you can change to shorten a sequence, kinda remember doing that to a couple of songs. If I am correct then he can do his regular sequence but shorten each to say a minute then run back to back.

Yes, "Edit / Change Total Time". A couple things, though:

(1) I'd strongly suggest doing a "Save As", rather than a "Save", after doing this, so that you don't lose any work you may have done on the remainder of the song.

(2) It will only help if you want to play the song from the beginning. That is, for example, you could use it to play the first minute of the song, but not the last minute or some minute in the middle. To do one of those, you'd have to go the audio editing / copy and paste route.

Yes, "Edit / Change Total Time". A couple things, though:

(1) I'd strongly suggest doing a "Save As", rather than a "Save", after doing this, so that you don't lose any work you may have done on the remainder of the song.

(2) It will only help if you want to play the song from the beginning. That is, for example, you could use it to play the first minute of the song, but not the last minute or some minute in the middle. To do one of those, you'd have to go the audio editing / copy and paste route.

thanks for the clarification.