Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting lights to controllers

notredameforlife

here is a retarded questions how do yal plug the lights to the controller, for each light string you run a small extentions cord to controller? so if you got 8 channels you will need 8 extension cords?

so if you got 8 channels you will need 8 extension cords?

I think you're gonna find that for eight channels you'll often need MORE than 8 extension cords...

Yes, for every channel you are running, you will need a cord. 8 channels....easy, I'm running 96 this year, therefore a minimum of 96 cords for me! BTW, mine is all connected and ready to run. On top of all the bought cords, I also used SPT1 wire with vampire plugs/sockets which worked out great so far.

Make sure you have the correct license level of the software to run four controllers. You need Basic Plus, Standard, or Advanced.

Guest wbottomley

here is a retarded questions how do yal plug the lights to the controller, for each light string you run a small extentions cord to controller? so if you got 8 channels you will need 8 extension cords?

This seems to work very well for those long distance cords.

Guest Don Gillespie

I have been using those for years William, they really work well up north in the cold weather, what I don't understand is why aren't more people using these.

Damn. Wish I'd have seen this post before last weekend. Actually drilled a hole in my floor and ran a cord into my basement to avoid having cords laying across the floor for someone to trip over.

That was a bit too expensive for me.

I cut the ends off of two extension cords and placed one on the walkie talkie with the talk button taped down and the other end at the walkie talkie with the volume all the way up. Seems to work good!

I'm not talking about radios like the fire department uses. Go and borrow the ones your neighbors kid has.

That's the first I've ever heard of anything like this other that Tesla trying to transmit electricity long ago. Cool idea but sure does not sound safe in the slightest. I need to do some more reading on this.

Nice glad someone didn't get the joke.

But it's real as far as testing goes. Here is a cool video on TED if you haven't already seen it.

You all had me going there quickly trying to figure how it was possible to convert radiated energy back into electricity and how someone could manage it, which might indeed be possible, without cooking anyone or anything anywhere remotely close. Yeah, got my chained pulled there but its cool. My turn today and someone else's tomorrow.

Lmao.... dgrant, your probably one of many newbies that went looking for some wireless electricity...lol but you were the only one to admit it. so you get an A for the day.