Light-O-Rama Forums

christmas tree and arches

notredameforlife

I am new to decorating and using this system i had the standaloen system where you plug lights into box and it has christmas songs and it blinks to song. now i got 16 controller begginer system. I want to create a outdoor christmas tree with lights on top. I seen videos online where you can make the star seem like its shooting down and where the lights go round and round it looks pretty cool. i am pretty handy with construction any tips or hints on how to make the tree. and my only problem i want to put christmas tree on 8 of the cords and the other 8 lights i want to make arches out of pcs pipe and wrap them up with red lights. my main problem or concern it seems like ia m going to need a crap load of extension cords to make these work. Since i will be building a octagon christmas tree and having each strand go to a different plug and same with arches i will have 8 set of arches tied in together pluged in controller. any anyone recommend a preprogammed sequence so the christmas tree lights up and the arches? i am also thinking of putting up some 4 football christmas trees and do a show with them also thanks everyone for help. I am overwhelmed this year decorating for xmas, Just bought new house and got to fix it up, and i am hoping to see my notre dame football team play in national title so any help on saving up some money i would greatly appreciate thanks,

Its very, very late in the year to start planning. Yes, it can be done and yes, you should consider waiting till next year. Its all up to you and how much time you have available and how fast you can work. We all try to figure it out as we go...sort of a plan in our head and then try our best to make it happen. This is my first year and I've been planning and sequencing since January 2012. Remember that on your tree, for each individual string(s) you are going to control, is one channel consumed for each. Arches, if you are turning on sections within the arch, means more channels. A simple example is I've got two 8-channel arches therefore 16 channels right there. My megatree is 32 strings, 16 spiraled one direction and 16 the other...32 more channels...not forgetting cords for each and every channel. Just those two props alone in my show is 48 channels using three controllers. In my case, three more controllers to run everything else and one CCR.

Sequencing, lots of work there to do or either get free ones and hope you can find the exact music file or buy the pre-made ones that LOR sells. You can get a show running this year but you'll need to jump to it right now. Good luck and welcome to our madness!

I suggest you start doing searches on the items you want to build here, and you will learn alot Good luck it's a late start but it's a start.