Light-O-Rama Forums

4.5v DC Voltage Leak through ethernet controller cable

markrvp

One of my 8 CTBPC16 controllers is leaking 4.5v DC voltage through pins 4 & 6 of the ethernet control cable. It is happening in both of the connectors. I suspect this voltage "noise" is causing some of the channels in controllers downstream to stay stuck on randomly.

Can anyone tell me what I need to look for on the board or what has failed that is letting voltage leak into the ethernet cable connectors?

Guest wbottomley

One of my 8 CTBPC16 controllers is leaking 4.5v DC voltage through pins 4 & 6 of the ethernet control cable. It is happening in both of the connectors. I suspect this voltage "noise" is causing some of the channels in controllers downstream to stay stuck on randomly.

Can anyone tell me what I need to look for on the board or what has failed that is letting voltage leak into the ethernet cable connectors?

LOR has voltage on the data cables. Where does the director card, light linkers, and other devices get their power from?

And.... it's happening on every controller I bet. ;)

Your channel issue is related to something else.

Edited by wbottomley

What's happening on that controller is different from the other controllers. I believe that the voltage is leaking into pin 4 where only data should be. The voltage should be on pins 3 & 6 (4&5 are data).

If it's not the cable, look at your jacks. See if two of the internal wires are crossing. If so, I'd replace the whole jack, although you might be able to straighten them.