Light-O-Rama Forums

WTF moments

scubado

With all the rush to get things done, do you find yourself making dumb mistakes that make you go WTF?!

Last night I was running low on extension cords. So I decided to splice cords together for the next day. This morning I discovered this:

post-5576-0-09823900-1353335563_thumb.jp

Edited by scubado

mine was taking my display apart and putting everything back together three times before realizing I had not plugged any of the controllers in.

Thanks so much for sharing the picture. It truly is worth a thousand words, and just what I needed on this Monday. And yes. We've all been there.

For me, this year, it was hunting for some SPT cords I planned to reuse from last year. I spent 45 minutes looking for them before I finally gave up and made some new ones. After I finished that night, I went into the house to retire with a beer for the evening. Only to discover them sitting by the front door. I'd brought them inside the night before so they'd warm up and be easier to work with in the 30-degree temperatures outside. ...sigh...

I ziptie all of my strings together. Nothing like getting all the way to the end and finding 3 female ends and 1 male end.

I somehow get the feeling that there will be a few comments about this one....LMAO!

I believe that is one of those GREEN products ... plug in two strand of lights and they are both converted to ZERO power consumption! Amazing.

3 females to one male sounds like a better party than previously mentioned. Glad you didn't mention the other end of the string, hope you didn't cross cords!

It seems that the closer I get to completion (With any project, not just lighting), I start to make mistakes that make me think WTF? I've made a couple this year, but fortunately I'm almost done with this project. I'm just grateful that none of my mistakes cost me a lot of money, just precious time, and tattered pride... :)

With all the rush to get things done, do you find yourself making dumb mistakes that make you go WTF?!

Last night I was running low on extension cords. So I decided to splice cords together for the next day. This morning I discovered this:

I see the opposite all the time M-M, people trying to make jumper cables between strings. Fortunately the polarized plugs usuallys stops them from doing damage. I did find on 60 mega tree with m-m jumpers all over. I asked them how they did it (polarized plugs in light strings). They said "Easy, we filed all the large plugs" - Here's your sign!

I see the opposite all the time M-M, people trying to make jumper cables between strings. Fortunately the polarized plugs usuallys stops them from doing damage. I did find on 60 mega tree with m-m jumpers all over. I asked them how they did it (polarized plugs in light strings). They said "Easy, we filed all the large plugs" - Here's your sign!

I should get a sign for the mispellings above (no edit on quote posts)

3 females to one male sounds like a better party than previously mentioned.

Agreed. It's getting better and better the longer this thread goes on...

Guest Don Gillespie

3 females to one male sounds like a better party than previously mentioned. Glad you didn't mention the other end of the string, hope you didn't cross cords!

The only thing that would make this perfect is if the females had big racks. :P

I had everything ready, controllers bolted down so they wont walk off, all wiring complete started to test and realized I put them in the wrong places. Should have been 1 2 3 was 3 1 2 . had to open them up and change all the addresses. WTF.