Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity

hotrod468

My question is

Is there a way to lower intensity with out redoing the hole thing I have some LED's that are a little bright and need to lower the intensity without a total overhaul of the sequence ? Does anyone have the answer as to how that can be done?

Not that I found. You would have to select each row, select a new intensity for it and even then, that would override any twinkle/shimmer/fades being applied. Now I'm a newbie this year so I've not learned everything and maybe someone else has found something that might work for you. Hope so for you.

It might have to do with the human eyes as well. We are more sensitive to certain frequencies of light than others or another way of thinking about it is that we "see" certain colors easier than others. Blues and Greens, human eyes see easier. Now a cat will see reds...dogs don't care..lol.

I haven't found an easy way to do this, but I have used a method that isn't AS HARD as going row by row. I to found LED's too bright. I have since made it so that they are never any higher than 75% and I think it makes all the difference in the world. Read this post Starting at #6.

I made a copy of each of my sequences and then did the notepad changes to them. Then I just opened my original sequences and copied/pasted the changed rows. Again, not as easy as just telling the controller to no let a channel go above 75% but not as hard as doing it by hand.

Thanks so much for all the replies I went to the harware first and lowered to 86% that was as low as it would go and it seems to be ok now. It might still be a little bright but not enough to justify all the work of going into the data files to lower the value. But maybe LOR will see all the threads keep poping up about this and write some code into sequence editer and we will have that function in the future. I did spend a little time shooting email back and forth and the new controllers will have a function for that in the hardware it self. However this does not help the people who have been at this for a few years and have allot of hardware already. I hope if it is that easy to go in and change the file settings that LOR will come up with the times and give us an update to set intensity for LED's without buying new hardware.

• The topic was locked