Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Issues

caniac

went to setup my controllers today in the following order:

Start with controller 8 then in to controller 1 and from 1 to controller 3 and then on to controller 4 and end with controller 2.

the hardware utility found 8, 1, and 3. switched out cables from 3 to 4 and noticed one of the ethernet connectors was really loose. given the items on 4 were not all that necessary I ended up taking it out and just going from 3 to 2. there is 50 ft from controller 3/4 to controller 2 so tomorrow I will ethernet out of 2 back to 4 with hopes that the other ethernet is fine until I can get the unit repaired.

if this doesn't work then what else have I missed, with controller 4 in the mix everything after it "disappears".

Please do not say ethernet When talking about LOR products. This is an RS-485 on a cat5 or better cable. Ethernet is only when you are talking about E1.31. Sounds like to me that there might be a problem with one of the RJ-45 sockets on that board. Thus breaking the circuit from one socket to the next.

If one of your connector thingies is loose, you can use the other thingie and put that unit at the end of the line. If both of your matching connector thingies are loose, you can still get a signal to it using a phone cable into the smaller thingie, and again, putting it at the end of the line. If all three thingies are loose then the only other thing you can do is get a comfortable chair so you can sit somewhere plugging and unplugging lights real fast.

• Like 1

i had a promblem too with my cat5 connector and when i looked inside of the connector the prongs were stuck down so i pryed them up and it worked. maybe this will help with some of you with the same promblem.