Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you use Super Star to program intelligent pixel strips

PatDelaney

I recently purchase 2 1 meter intelligent 1 meter pixel strips. There are 32 RGB pixels each, and it's my understanding that each pixel is 3 dmx channels.

So can I use SSS to program the 2 strips as long as I have the DMX stuff configured correctly. I'm not sure If I will make one long strip or 2 one meter strips.

Also while we are at it I have several dumb RGB strips (DMX) can I use SSS to program those also?

Thanks

Pat

Edited by PatDelaney

If you can define your RGB strips in the Visualizer then you can import the visualization and SuperStar will use the information in the visualization to determine the DMX univerise and channels. I have not personally done it, but I have had a few other customers use it that way and they say it works.

In the Visualizer you will have to define each pixel of the RGB strip as a fixture and then add all the pixels to a prop to make a strip

I used it to sequence my Rainbow Pixel arches, so yes you can. As Brian said, draw them and wire them in the Visualizer and then export it to SS.

Cool well I'm happy there is a way to do it, but at this point I have not ever used the visualizer, so I need to learn that quick. Does anyone already have 2 32 pixel props that they would be willing to share? :unsure:

Thanks

Pat