Light-O-Rama Forums

Order of controls ?

719matt3796

Im running 2 controls 32 channels. I was wondering can you plug the cat 5 cable in to controller 02 first then daisy chain from controller 2 to controller 1? Or do I need to place them in order?

Just a thought. Even though it does not matter which numbered controller is connected first and which is last. When it comes to trouble shooting it becomes a little more tricky. At least write down on a piece of paper the order. Like make a small box then draw a line to another small box and continue doing this till you have a box for each controller. Now write the address of each box down as it is out in the yard. Now if ever doing a scan and you do not see all of your controllers. Just note which ones are not listed and then you can refer to your paper and determine where the breaks is.

Guest wbottomley

Just a thought. Even though it does not matter which numbered controller is connected first and which is last. When it comes to trouble shooting it becomes a little more tricky. At least write down on a piece of paper the order. Like make a small box then draw a line to another small box and continue doing this till you have a box for each controller. Now write the address of each box down as it is out in the yard. Now if ever doing a scan and you do not see all of your controllers. Just note which ones are not listed and then you can refer to your paper and determine where the breaks is.

All 55 of my units have a label on the outside indicating the ID.

I just use a black sharpie marker to label {ID} all my controllers.

My 5 controllers are daisy-chained thusly: 01,03,05,02 and then 04 {even though #04 is before #02} in their current set up for Christmas this year.