Light-O-Rama Forums

First Video....

Mike Cole

I finished the install and testing yesterday, so last night I thought I would try to videotape a few songs before the rain got to heavy. Well I got one recorded, and then it poured. I'll try to film the other songs this week before the crowds arrive. Not much new this year. I did add 16 ch of red and 16 ch of green to the spiral tree and a few more snow flakes. Also added 4 new songs. My show is still "old school"or "Retro" as the wife says, all incandesent lights, (although I do have 3 LED snow flakes). Channel count is 432, mostly PC controller kits. Enjoy.....more to come soon...................Mike

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparkylights

Wow! That was fantastic and I just love the "old school" look myself. It's just a softer light and works well with my analog eyes. ;)

Great job, you should be very proud of your display! cheers2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

.......just wanted to let everyone know all my videos are up now. This probably should have been posted in Christmas Display, but I will just add to my first post. Back when I started in this hobby, (2004), I never thought It would grow to where I am now. It has been a blast all the way, but I've reached a point where the install just takes to long. So its time for a major change up for me. This will be the last year with this display design. I've been studing up on the DIY RGB stuff for quite awhile and I think thats where I'm headed. I'll redesign the whole display to have mostly "plug-n-play" type props, rather than covering the whole yard in lights. That should eliminate a lot of time on the back end, but will create more building time on the front end. I don't know how long it will be before I have a display, next year I hope. But I'll still be lurking here of course. Anyway, its been a fun ride with this setup.

Enjoy the videos.............................http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparkylights/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0

Mike:

Thanks for posting. Love the display and the music selection!! Yours is one that i do check out every year!! Great job, and thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas.

-Troy

• The topic was locked