Light-O-Rama Forums

Can not get address 2 to work

Denise Brunner

I have two yoke lights in a DMX universe. In the universe I have first a yoke light (6 channel) address 1, a led projector address 3, a second yoke light-address 2 and a snow machine-address 75. Which ever yoke light I put on address 2, does not work when I active the channel. I am using an LOR network with a iDMX interface. I have tried resetting the interface, reversing the polarity, and even just put the one device (address 2) on the iDMX - all with the same result. VERY FRUSTRATING, I am missing something (besides a brain) HELP please. Oh by the way, when things were in the house - a month or so ago the yoke lights worked fine. Using the hardware utility to test.

Edited by Denise Brunner

Denise,

I'm not real familiar with the LOR iDMX interface, so this question may be more for my own edification...

If the 1st yoke light (6 channels) starts at address 1, wouldnt the LED Projector start at 7, and the 2nd yoke light start at 8 (8 thru 13) ?

As I say, the LOR iDMX address structure may be different that what i am expecting..

Bob

The channel numbers don't have to follow the placement in the "chain". I found the problem, which turns out to be mutiple problems, first the yoke lights have a reverse command so every action was actually happening in reverse of what it should be and when it went in for repair they activated it and change a couple of settings. After doing a reset and a return to default command, all is fine. A ton to learn with DMX and a lost of a half of the day.

I was more confused on the channel numbering than the placement in the chain.

You had mentioned that the first yoke was on address 1 with 6 channels which would have understood covered channels 1 through 6, making the next usable channel 7.. etc etc ...

Then when the conversation turned to address 2, I assumed that address was already encompased in the 1 to 6 in use.

Well.. at least I tried ...

Good luck with your setup .. I suppose that is where I should be myself ..

Bob

Bob, Thanks for all your help. It was really crazy. But debugging multiple problems when your not sure of what your doing is NOT fun. But it does work now. I just need a couple of days more before lights on.

Thanks again

Denise

• The topic was locked