Light-O-Rama Forums

Little Trees

Steppe Wolfe

In that famous display by Carson Williams,
does anyone know what the 15 little trees are at the front of house are or how they are made?
I ask because they are bright enough in the video but you can easily see the trees behind the front row, that is they are transparent when not lit up.

• 3 months later...

Steppe Wolfe wrote:

In that famous display by Carson Williams,
does anyone know what the 15 little trees are at the front of house are or how they are made?
I ask because they are bright enough in the video but you can easily see the trees behind the front row, that is they are transparent when not lit up.

Mini trees, and there is actually 16 there. Carsons wife had the idea to add one more at the very top. I believe it was to somewhat symolize a tree topper.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Richard Hamilton wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:
if you dont want them very tall you can use the way i did mine, came out pretty rounded too

http://johnnychristmas.com/mini.html

I guess I am too lazy. I bought mine at Target... prelighted, 3 in a box.

Ha ha! I bought the same ones! Once a year, near the beginning of December, you can get them 3 for $9.99! I add more each year.

I do pyramids of ten. Numbered like a bowling lane. These small ones are #1-6. #7-10 are a foot taller.

I made my 8 with tomato cages. took 2 each tree inserted them inside each other added three strings of lights (different colors) and wa-lah 24 channels of LOR.

They are across the front of the display.