Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade tool stuck

MikeA

When I click fade up from 0 to 50% on the recent tools bar it is stuck there. I can no longer click fade on the top tool bar to make it fade from 0 to 100%. Yes my fade tool settings have 0 to 100% checked on both up and down. Happens on both fade up and down.

Any ideas?

EDITED:

Go into where you adjust your fades and clickon another setting then go back to 0 to 100
Edited by TitusCarnathan

Hi,

If I'm understanding correctly, this isn't a bug. Maybe there's a better way for it to work, but this is the way it's designed to work.

If you forget about the "Recent Tools" (or "Saved Tools") list for a moment, you'll see the same thing happening: Let's say you set your "fade up" to be 0%-50%. That means your fade up tool will do 0% to 50% from then on, until you change it to something else. So even if, say, you change to the "shimmer" tool, and apply some shimmers to your sequence, if you then click on the fade up tool (from the top toolbar), any fade ups that you then create will still be 0%-50%.

The Recent Tools and Saved Tools menu just operate the same way - by clicking on "Fade Up 0%-50%", you are setting your fade up options to 0%-50%, just like if you did so manually through the Fade Tool Settings dialog.

The only way that I am able to get it to fade 0 to 100 or 100 to zero after choosing 0-50 is to exit the program and re start it. This is from the top tool bar when the fade tools are set at 0-100 both ways.

Hmmm... I see now that clicking the entry on the Recent Tools / Saved Tools list doesn't change the values that are displayed in the Fade Tool Settings. So if you have it set at 0-100, then click on "Fade Up 0-50" from Recent Tools, the Fade Tool Settings will still look like they're set to 0-100, despite really being set to 0-50.

Try changing the Fade Tool Settings dialog to something else - for example 0-25 - and then immediately changing it back to 0-100.