Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL /Sequence Editor

lightningrod4life

So Im trying to do some test runs before its officially show time with some newly purchased Easy Light Linkers and getting these to work correctly hasn't exactly been my ideal way of easy :/ (thinking I'm missing something) When I run the ELL's with the Hardware Utility they respond perfect, signal indicator on the boards (CTB16pc Version1 ) goes solid without any issues. Then when I decide to attempt to let the Sequence Editor attempt to control the lights with the ELL configuration like I used to do when the controllers were hardwired to the computer, it fails to work, The signal on the controllers does not stay solid, It will go solid for a short time (2-3 seconds) then goes back to the blinking once per second and then back to solid, is this normal? shouldn't they stay solid when they have communication going across the board? Am I missing something here? someone please help!

On the sequence editor I cant tell completely as I only have 2 controllers connected trying to test them but it seemed like everything was trying to function correctly. are the ELL's just designed to do that and not provide a constant signal like they do when running the hardware utility? Speed wise I have no idea what it says I would assume average, where could I check that?

Go to your sequence editor and there is an area where you can setup your network speed. It needs to be set at average.

Honestly after I plug in my ELLs and test them I never look at the red light again.

I was just trying to be precautious since this is my first year of having a 10 controller network, hopefully when I have more than 2 controllers connected they will work correctly unless anyone else has some input?

Just make sure you read the instructions on wire length and line of sight. It should be all good. Yesterday I sent a signal over 1000ft to another house.