Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB pixels and power supply ?

jer75

HI guys ,

I'm looking at getting some RGB pixels/nodes for my display , Now after a lot of reading I think I've confused my self :wacko:

Iwas looking at getting 4 strings of 100 but I've noticed that from what I've read a 12v 350w power supply will run 50 but after that

I'm likely to get fade off , could I take another 12v feed from the supply and run it to the middle ,i.E pixel 51 -100 or would I need to get

another power supply to jack into the middle of a 100 light run ?

Thanks for any help

Jerry

Yes you can run multiple feeds from the one power supply, so you will need to inject power between each string to compensate for voltage drop and load

But personally i feel you may have left this a bit late to be tinkering and learning DIY unless you are committed to putting in the time

Thanks edva69 ,

I'm not doing a complete show this year more static than anything ( not been the best few months), so tinkering with RGB pixels and learning about DMX seemed

a good use of my time and it allows me plenty of time to start planning /sequencing for next year to include dmx in my display.

Cheers

Jerry

Thanks edva69 ,

I'm not doing a complete show this year more static than anything ( not been the best few months), so tinkering with RGB pixels and learning about DMX seemed

a good use of my time and it allows me plenty of time to start planning /sequencing for next year to include dmx in my display.

Cheers

Jerry

Download the ACL 101 lighting manual which should help you as it contains a lot of info regarding pixels and power