Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Mistake

mastersnowdaddy

Hi everybody,first let me say THANK YOU ALL for you advice and tips on this WILD hobby.I believe I made a fatal mistake,I have sequenced 6 of 8 songs in the animation sequence,I only discovered this when I tried to test the show last evening> I have been lookoing in the forums to see if there is a way to convert these to a musical sequence or not,maybe copy,paste to a new sequence,or I could possibly add the song to sequence and not shut down laptop. If any one has any ideas it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !! HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all. John

I am curious how you sequenced "to the song" without the song in the first place? If you didn't, I suspect that the synchronization is just a tad off. Are you certain you truly made a mistake?

Anyway, I would create a blank musical sequence with the same channel configuration, and just copy and paste the whole animation grid into a musical sequence.

I really made a mistake,I started a new sequence animation of course, my bad, and then I went into my music and added my song to the sequence, I should have wondered why the next session of sequencing i would have to put the song in again,as when I would save it said something like this is not a musical sequence.Do I need to copy and paste by cell or time ? Thanks again. John

I don’t think there’s any way within the LOR software to convert a .las sequence file to a .lms file. There are several entries that are different in the xml file. As S4D said, the best thing to do is probably to create a new musical sequence for each of them and copy the effects in.

Don’t forget, you can export your channel configuration from the animation sequence and import it into your new musical sequence. So it’s really only a couple minutes per song to recreate them as musical sequences.

Paste by time.

Under the Edit menu, there is a "Select all" option, press ctrl-C. In your new blank musical sequence (create new sequence with your saved channel config like rwertz said--which that is when it will have you attach your music), go to the most upper left block of your grid and press ctrl-v. Should paste the entire sequence. Should take about 1 minute per song, especially once you get the idea of what to do.

Guest wbottomley

I don’t think there’s any way within the LOR software to convert a .las sequence file to a .lms file.

There is. But... you have to know what you're doing or the file will be un-usable.

There is a way to do this other than copy/paste into a new sequence:

In the "Edit" menu, there's a "Media File" option. Use it to select the song file name.

Then there comes a little confusing issue: If you then just try to save, it will warn you saying something like "You're attempting to change this musical sequence into an animation sequence". That's actually the opposite of what you're hoping to do - i.e. if you just "Save", the Sequence Editor will strip out the song file that you just put in. This is because the sequence's file name still indicates it's an animation sequence (i.e. its file extension is ".las").

So instead of a "Save", do a "Save As", and tell it to save as a musical sequence instead of an animation sequence.

Another potential issue to look out for is that perhaps the animation sequence doesn't have the same time length as the song file, so you might also have to play around a little with "Edit / Change Total Time".