Light-O-Rama Forums

How have you protected the CCR controller?

chowell

What has everyone done to protect the CCR controllers from the weather? I have three CCR arches and wondering what the best way to protect the controllers will be. Do the controllers put off any heat?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

This is what I'm using this year: http://www.mcmelectr...CFYZaMgodgBAAxQ

I have 8 CCRs for this year. I am putting 4 CCR controllers per box, plus a third box that will hold the power strip to plug the controllers into. I am also planning on putting those boxes into another large lockable box to maintain security. Hoping all works like they said it should!

Tim

Edited by Tim

I put mine in 5 Gallon Sterilite containers from Walmart, under $4 each. Why those? They were cheap, fairly small, the top lip covers the top completely to keep water out, and the handle is under the lip so that I could punch a hole and run the cords without creating an entry for water. I placed the power and controller on a brick just in case some water gets in (so far so good) and to add weight so they won't blow around.

• Like 1

Kyle ....

Can you post some pics of the sterilite you used ... I need to make 2 containers for my CCRs also !

Thanks,

Dave

I used plastic battery boxes off my camp trailer. I put in some bricks to weight it down, and to keep the controller up high in case a little water or snow gets in. The lids already have a notch in them to run the cables/cords.

• The topic was locked