Light-O-Rama Forums

Software ignoring #1 controller

J. Garrett

I am new to this so I could be loooking over something very simple. I am using software v3.6.0 standard. I have 46 channels programmed. I hooked up one controller to do a test and the complete first unit is not working. It seems like the software is ignoring the first 16 channels because it sends the animation of the second unit to my number one controller. I can offset my animation by 16 channels and seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok sorry took so long to get back I have been very busy. I tested my controllers again today only had lights hooked to one controller but had three other controllers hooked as they would if running 48 channels. My third controller was synced to the second controller’s sequence. I hooked a 4th light o rama controller in and assigned it to unit 1 channels 1-16 and bumped the other controllers up through unit 4. Still played the sequence for the 2nd controller which is now assigned to the third controller on my 4th controller which is the last controller hooked in series. This maybe confusing to understand I am having a hard time explaining it.

I would double check that all cat5 cables are good.

found a bad one on unit01 but the rest of the info was passed to other controllers.

Guest wbottomley

Ok sorry took so long to get back I have been very busy. I tested my controllers again today only had lights hooked to one controller but had three other controllers hooked as they would if running 48 channels. My third controller was synced to the second controller’s sequence. I hooked a 4th light o rama controller in and assigned it to unit 1 channels 1-16 and bumped the other controllers up through unit 4. Still played the sequence for the 2nd controller which is now assigned to the third controller on my 4th controller which is the last controller hooked in series. This maybe confusing to understand I am having a hard time explaining it.

Connect only one controller at a time to set the id. Then, check your channel config.

• 2 weeks later...