Light-O-Rama Forums

How to incorporate another's sequence into my channel config?

rhino

I'm not producing my own sequences fast enough, so I'm resorting to the utilization of others' sequences that are availalbe online -- either here or there, either free or fee.

But, once I have a sequence downloaded onto the computer, what is the process of getting it modified for my particular channel configuration?

Open that sequence in Sequence Editor. Click "Edit" up top, click at the bottom where it says Export/Import Channel Config. You will wont to import your channel config.

If you haven't exported your channel config, you will need to do that before you can import it to new sequences.

Edited by Santas Helper

Open that sequence in Sequence Editor. Click "Edit" up top, click at the bottom where it says Export/Import Channel Config. You will wont to import your channel config.

If you haven't exported your channel config, you will need to do that before you can import it to new sequences.

Thank you Santas Helper! Sounds like this would wipe out the sequencing already done by the original author, but will give this a try, and let you know how it works.

Thank you Santas Helper! Sounds like this would wipe out the sequencing already done by the original author, but will give this a try, and let you know how it works.

Nope, it won't wipe out the sequencing, just the channel config to the left. The sequencing will stay untouched.

Nope, it won't wipe out the sequencing, just the channel config to the left. The sequencing will stay untouched.

Again, thanks for this reassurance. However, when I imported my channel config onto the author's sequence, the display went funky. His spot lights were now on my arches, and his roofline is now on my mega-tree. This process didn't work for me -- I probably missed several steps.

Try opening his copy and your own channel configuration side by side...Then copy and paste from his to yours by row.

Thanks for this! I've been doing this the last several hours, and wondering if this is a good way of doing it. Your reply helps reaffirm my work over the last hours. Thanks!

How does one adapt a (Holdman) nine-tree line to an 8-tree line? And how does one adapt a (Holdman) 9-segmented arch to an 8-segmented arch in my display?

This is giving me the largest headaches.

TIA!

Again, thanks for this reassurance. However, when I imported my channel config onto the author's sequence, the display went funky. His spot lights were now on my arches, and his roofline is now on my mega-tree. This process didn't work for me -- I probably missed several steps.

Unless your channel config is the exact same as the channel config of the sequence you borrowed, everything in your channel config will be different. You will have to either redo your channel config to look like the other one (which is extra work for nothing) or change the borrowed sequence to meet your channel config.

How does one adapt a (Holdman) nine-tree line to an 8-tree line? And how does one adapt a (Holdman) 9-segmented arch to an 8-segmented arch in my display?

This is giving me the largest headaches.

TIA!

Take out the 9th tree.

Take out the 9th segment.