Light-O-Rama Forums

Deal on Extension Cords

Ed Slonka Jr

No but you would have an un controlled flow of electrons pooling up on the ground, the plug ends are always thicker to help contain the electrical pressures contained within the wire.

Thanks guys. Going to pick some up tomorrow if they have them. I'm in the Dallas area so we really don't have winter temps until late January early February typically. But we are supposed to have a light freeze over night then warm up quickly.

I'm in Dallas as well and was hoping we could avoid weather issues until lights go down!

Thanks for sharing the link to the cheap cords! I'll have to run by and see what I can scrounge up tomorrow.

Don't forget - If you put clothes pins on the cords, it restricts the flow and you won't use as much electricity. ;)

I'm in the Dallas area so we really don't have winter temps until late January early February typically. But we are supposed to have a light freeze over night then warm up quickly.

This is Texas. If unhappy with the current weather, wait fifteen minutes as it will certainly change. Unless it is June, July, or August, then it is only going to be hotter! :blink:

I bought my HF out of them yesterday. Be careful, there was a 12ft cord hidden in there. I was a bit surprised when the price wasn't what I expected. Those are notorious for erratic electron flow.

Although not nearly as good of a deal, Menards does have indoor cords on sale too:

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electrical-cords/extension-cords/16-2-15-white-indoor-cord/p-1755778-c-6410.htm

And I hear that Menard's cords are less raciest but more sexist.. :(

Edited by l0chte

No but you would have an un controlled flow of electrons pooling up on the ground, the plug ends are always thicker to help contain the electrical pressures contained within the wire.

you guys better stop that because some people that don't know about this stuff will believe you

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

snapback.pngEvilM0nkey, on 14 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

you guys better stop that because some people that don't know about this stuff will believe you

That's what GFI's are for, stopping the pooling effect.

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

snapback.pngEvilM0nkey, on 14 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

That's what GFI's are for, stopping the pooling effect.

I use an Electron Pool Bucket to capture the overflow

We sure need a bucket in this thread to catch the overflow but it sure ain't electrons that are overflowing!! :D

I have abandoned one of my channels and now run the heaters on it instead. Setting the intensity according to the speed of the timings has helped me regulate the temperature much more accurately.

Well, I did get 3 cords for that price and that is all they had in stock, the good thing is it goes until Dec. 5.

I avoided the speed issues by getting white cords. Since white is theoretically the absence of color then I should theoretically be void of any speed issues! :P

Actually, Black is the absence of color.. White is a mix of primary colors.. So therefore you should watch out for the speed issues.... you could have them.. and as a matter of fact, since you have a mix of the primary colors .... each color will tend to run a different speed... you could have collision issues.. that might be a lot of headaches... :blink:

Edited by plasmadrive

I wish I had known about this.

I have over 800 indoor cords outside. Not sure what to do now.

I obviously don't have time to go back and redo my sequencing.

To make matters even worse it has been sunny and warm outside.

Woe is me.......

You're right Plasma, I ran a test tonight and my arches did nothing but collide!

Oh, wait a minute.... maybe that's the way I sequenced them...hmmm?

Back to the drawing board! :(

Edited by Ed Slonka Jr

• The topic was locked