Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Shutdown Sequence

jim6918

This is the first year I have used a Show Shutdown Sequence so I feel kind of noob asking it, but don't want any surprises.

I have added a musical sequence under the Shutdown tab in the Show Builder. If I understand the User Guide, this sequence will run after the last song plays at the shutdown time.

It does not appear that you need to add the Shutdown Show to the Schedule Editor following the regular show, or do you?

I am presently building my schedule starting with Thanksgiving night and feel there is no point doing extra work later.

Looks like you've got it setup correctly.

(Just adding more here in case others don't fully understand the Shutdown tab)

Anything in the Shutdown tab will play once the end time of your show is reached. If you have a show scheduled to end at 10:00pm, the software will then finish playing a musical sequence and then go into the Shutdown tab. (An animation only sequence will stop right at 10:00pm, though, and the shutdown tab start.)

Thanks Don, but I still had it wrong, but now understand after rereading your reply. What I did was to created a seperate show that just contained the shutdown musical sequence and nothing else. I now understand that I need to put the shutdown sequence under the Shutdown tab within the scheduled show. If it was a snake it would have bitten me.

Correct jim6918. The shutdown sequence goes into the shutdown tab of your regular show.

BTW, where in Colorado? My sister is in Colorado Springs.

Correct jim6918. The shutdown sequence goes into the shutdown tab of your regular show.

BTW, where in Colorado? My sister is in Colorado Springs.

We are in Canon City (Fremont County), about 40 minutes southwest of COS. Home of the Alcatraz of the Rockies (Federal Prison) and the Royal Gorge Bridge.

Looks like you've got it setup correctly.

(Just adding more here in case others don't fully understand the Shutdown tab)

Anything in the Shutdown tab will play once the end time of your show is reached. If you have a show scheduled to end at 10:00pm, the software will then finish playing a musical sequence and then go into the Shutdown tab. (An animation only sequence will stop right at 10:00pm, though, and the shutdown tab start.)

So if I have a startup sequence, then I put a couple of musical sequences (15 min) in the music sequences tab with an animation only sequence (20 min) in the same tab for a show scheduled for a half hour, it should stop the animation right at the 30 min mark?

So if I have a startup sequence, then I put a couple of musical sequences (15 min) in the music sequences tab with an animation only sequence (20 min) in the same tab for a show scheduled for a half hour, it should stop the animation right at the 30 min mark?

Is this correct? Can you put animation sequences in the music tab?

Is this correct? Can you put animation sequences in the music tab?

Animation (.LAS) can go in the Musical tab.

At the end of a show time (as defined in the Show Scheduler) any currently playing animation sequence in the musical tab will cease immediately. An musical sequence (.LMS) sequence will complete it's run. At that time the show will proceed to the Shutdown tab (if applicable.)

Animation (.LAS) can go in the Musical tab.

At the end of a show time (as defined in the Show Scheduler) any currently playing animation sequence in the musical tab will cease immediately. An musical sequence (.LMS) sequence will complete it's run. At that time the show will proceed to the Shutdown tab (if applicable.)

Awesome! Thank you Don!! That's so easy!

I know the question has been asked and answered, but I need to qualify a particular situation. I'm hoping this discussion can help (and I not start a new thread for same basic question)

In the STARTUP TAB - I have X10 Startup.las. This fires off 30 secs of X10 ON commands to bring up the inflatables and the wireframe bell (Bell has a sequencer on it, and I havent gotten around to running it from LOR). This also launces a Windows command script that FTP's to the web site and updates the show status (Display ON, OFF)

In the MUSICAL TAB - I have my sequenced song that play thtough the night.

In the SHUTDOWN TAB - I have an X10 Shutdown.las. It does the same thing that X10 Startup does, but sends X10 OFF and FTP's to the website to update status.

Now.. here is my issue. I have a couple of new elements that I need to power up at the start of the show, run uninterrupted for the duration, then shut down at the end. I have extra LOR channels that would suit my needs perfectly. I need to be able to turn on the lights for the TUNE TO sign and turn on the power pack for the G-Scale train running under the Mega-Tree.

Would this be something I do in BACKGROUND then shut down in the SHUTDOWN tab?

Appreciate any help.. I thought since GMan got his answer this wouldnt be considered HiJacking the thread ...

Bob

ACTUALLY - - There is a second question in there as well that I just thought about ... If what I propose does work... is there any concerns about running the trains power pack off a LOR channel? I'll have to go look at the specs on the pack (Bachmann Big Hauler Power Supply) and add to the post ..

Edited by bob_moody

Would this be something I do in BACKGROUND then shut down in the SHUTDOWN tab?

Bob, according to the docs "All sequences in the Background Section will play simultaneously, looping back to their starts when they reach their ends, throughout the entire course of the show."

I don't recall if the background runs while Start Up and Shutdown events are playing, though.

Hey Don...

I looked at the PS and its rated 120V @ 24Watts.... a little Jethro Bodine cipherin ... and thats about 200mw.. I think LOR wouldnt have a problem with that ..

BUT ... after contemplating some more .. I have several X10 Appliance Modules... I think I will save myself the issues and just start up the train when I launch everything else. It all runs on X10 channel C1...

I know the inflatable/web update works (it did last year anyway..) so as long as this module will see the X10 commands I can just fire it off from there..

I REALLY need to play more with LOR and the features ... since 2005 and I'm still running about as basic as can be... (of course there is something to be said for the KISS principle)

I apprecaite the quick reply ...

(BTW ... Sandra told me to tell you to tell your mom hi... It seems they know each other though Windham School District)

Bob