Light-O-Rama Forums

status update

Lincoln Lights

Well,

Show time is quickly approaching, and I thought I would stop for a moment and report my status:

Fist year for Christmas, but this is my third show. I did V day and St Pats this year when I decided on getting into this hobby. I went from one 16 chennel controller, to that plus 10 dmx ( 30 more channels) to for christmas I will have one 16 channel controller and 84 dmx controllers (252 channels). I am not sure of the excepted way of counting dmx channels for discussion purposes so forgive me if I am sharing "incorrectly". I am using about 11000 led rgb lights and I am not sure how many normal lights I will have up. I am about 95% done with the fabrication of all of my decorations and controllers etc, 90 % done with my install of the lights, and about 5% done with my sequencing. I am hoping to get 15-20 minutes of music done at a minimal. I am 60% done with my first song. I am going to shaemlessy use the timings from sequences I have downloaded to decrease my sequencing time, and I figure I have about 50-70 hours of sequencing left. 2 weeks, 14 days, 3-4 hours a day, ... well I better get back to work.... I hope eery one is making steady progress with thier show, and I am anxious to see all of the hard work pay off.

Sean

Yesterday was a nice day to do some setup, but we were expecting rain and wind for Sunday so I delayed doing lights until Monday when we expect a high of 33 degrees :( For my rainy day project, A member of my friends family gave me a 75 gallon saltwater setup with a Honeycomb Eel at about 24" long. I did some quick homework on the eel to find out it gets up to 6-10' :D Moving the tank today was a good work out, can't wait for bed. Next year, shopping for a bigger tank.

I'm done with setting up. I'm done with sequencing the shows for Christmas. I am working on sequencing shows for after Christmas. I am running tests with the show builder thingy... failed last night cuz I'm a blonde. So I need to try again tonight to see if the lights come on when I tell them to

• 2 weeks later...

I wish every one a successful show this season.... I have mine up and running with minimal bugs. I will work on those but they are not significant enough to stress over any more. With it being my first christmas,I am excited to see the response from the community.

Mine starts tonight! Went over a short ways to the only other person around that does this too and he started his show last night. His looked great and turns out, he had some ideas that I had but I didn't act on them this year...cool. I'll do the same next year. In this case, he has a snow machine, sequenced to come on just before whichever songs he wanted snow. We talked about that because I looked into it early this year and thought it was too cold here to do the snow machines but he says he found a different formula that will work even in the colder temperatures. So, next year, let it snow too! Mine starts up at 6Pm tonight. Hearing rumors that lots of people are going to be here for it. Now the worry that it'll look as nice as I hope and NO PROBLEMS.

Mine starts tonight! Went over a short ways to the only other person around that does this too and he started his show last night. His looked great and turns out, he had some ideas that I had but I didn't act on them this year...cool. I'll do the same next year. In this case, he has a snow machine, sequenced to come on just before whichever songs he wanted snow. We talked about that because I looked into it early this year and thought it was too cold here to do the snow machines but he says he found a different formula that will work even in the colder temperatures. So, next year, let it snow too! Mine starts up at 6Pm tonight. Hearing rumors that lots of people are going to be here for it. Now the worry that it'll look as nice as I hope and NO PROBLEMS.

HA HA I had thought of a snow machine! but my husband said no. boooooooo