Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16C Controller issue

Logicon

Hi guys, I have had this controller for awhile but JUST got around to assemblying it. I got it built but have NO status light and if I do a search with the HW utility I receive a comm error -- drivers are loaded and other controllers working fine with this Laptop also, fuses check out good and all connections are seated properly on the board. Any advice??

Thank You

First, go to the LOR menu bar at the top of this page, User Manuals, download the Troubleshooting guide for your specific board ..http://www.lightoram...oting_Guide.pdf Go thru it and take voltage measurements. Do any of the chips (those you inserted) get hot when its plugged in? Do any of the voltage regulators (with the black alum heatsinks slipped over them) get too hot? Post the results here.

Next, no red LED lights up when you plug it into known good power? Is the LED oriented correctly when you built the board? It must be inserted into the board correctly to operate. Compare what you see on the board to what the pictures look like in the assembly manual.

You're getting the Comm error because you need a working controller for the HU to detect.. fix the controller and the comm error will go away.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Ligicon, if you built the board with two power cords attached, make sure the RIGHT side is plugged in. The controller board logic gets it's power from the right side power connector.

TJ

AHHH!!! My Multi is at my dads soooo no voltage checking this eve :-( I did receive a message back from LOR support and they are of the opinion that it is a bad comm chip. When plugged in for approx 10 minutes the transformer gets warm as well as the 5 volt regulator. LOR will be shipping me a replacement comm chip but in the meantime I still want to test voltage -- will post results.

Dave - thanks for the reply. I have run into that issue before and now always plug both legs into known good power.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I finally received the comm chip from LOR, popped it in and voila... I am back on track. Turns out that original comm chip was bad. Thanks for the guidance everyone and happy lighting.