Light-O-Rama Forums

UK - FM Transmitter

benmilner

Hi,

I'm in the uk and looking for an fm transmitter to broadcast the music for my light show. The mobile black box looks like a popular choice but I'd have to pay shipping and duty on top of the already high price of the unit. Does anyone know a uk source that sells a similar product?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I'm in the UK as well and i purchased a transmitter from ebay. It only arrived yesterday and i haven't tested it yet. Hopefully will test it later tonight or tomorrow. I will let you know the verdict as soon asi know and if it's any good i will sort out the link for you

There is now a UK light-o-rama facebook page if you are interested. Should be able to search it if not let me know and i will add you to it. It was only started on friday by Dan (digdeepfundraising)

Lee that is the same one I use. Mine on the 100mw setting goes about 2.5 blocks(700ft) on the 500mw setting about 1 mile.

It seems to be a great bit of kit and wasn't expensive imo if mine gets close to the distance yours gets i will be very pleased :)

My signal is as low as it will go. Fades out at 2.5 blocks. Computer volume at 50% transmitter set at 9 o'clock. Anything less it sounds like crap. Lol! Next year EDM.

Hey Gman7711 , I have no experience of the light o rama transmitter but if you do a search on this forum for info you will see peoples reaction to it. Here is a link to one thread about it http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23780-wht-bad-quality/page__hl__transmitter

I think you'll find the general consenses is, in the long list of quality transmitters, its towards the bottom. Its more than just "interference" or distance issues, the unit is just not that good compared to others (EDM, Ramsey, et al).

If you do find it works for your situation, thats great, but don't be surprised if you join the long list of people who say "wish I wouldn't have bought it...".

I found reviews on YouTube and Amazon that love it. I think some peoples locations (interference) and distance they're trying to archieve are the issues. I guess we'll see when I get it.

My guess is that it might be adequate for what majority of people use home FM transmitters for--just transmitting within your house/car, or maybe even your yard ( I didn't waste my time reading the reviews, but that is what I suspect), hence the "good reviews". However, for what our needs are the majority say the WHT is pathetic. Too bad that LOR continues to sell it since too many newbies make the mistake of buying it (I understand why LOR does, but it is just too bad). Haven't regretted my EDM purchase at all.

I haven't regretted for one minute my purchase of EDM. I also understand, kind of, why LOR sells WHT. It's just too bad that one piece of crap equipment like that can sully the reputation of a company like LOR. The above commenters are spot-on - the people who actually like the thing are few and far between indeed. In my case, I couldn't even get the WH to transmit inside the house with any kind of listening quality. I finally got tired of trying to give it away to people I don't like and deposited it in the trash.

not sure what all the fuss is about....... the FM whole house transmitter 2.0 works just fine for me. crystal clear even down the block...... guess I got lucky.

Glad to hear that :)