Light-O-Rama Forums

.lsv file extensions

s8830906

Why does LOR add to my files a duplicate of every sequence I open, once I close it out (wether I make changes or not), right below the .lms file, but with a .lsv extension? Just started doing this since I upgraded to 3.8 Advanced. In older versions, it would save the new file as .lms, but convert the old extension to .bak. And, you can never open any of the files but .las or .lms. I understand .las is Lightorama Animated Sequence and .lms is Lightorama Musical Sequence......so what is .lcs, .lsv, .bak, .lms.lcs???? How do I stop this? Please educate me quickly.

How do I stop this? Please educate me quickly.

I'm not jumping on you, bet just a general comment - since this is about the 5th post like this I've seen, but:

Why are people so concerned about LOR saving extra files? They're obviously there for a reason, why are people so gung-ho on tracking down how to "make it stop"?

-Tim

Why does LOR add to my files a duplicate of every sequence I open, once I close it out (wether I make changes or not), right below the .lms file, but with a .lsv extension?

Just re-read this post. The software is not creating a duplicate file each time. It's creating files that are used for specific purposes. (Some of which are features that long time LOR users had asked for a very long time to be put in place.)

Ok, thanks for that feedback. I have been using LOR for about 4 years now and this is the first experience I have had with this happening. It's not that I am trying to track down why or how to stop it, it's just that when it creates these files, naturally I try and access them to see what they are for. However, at every attempt to open them, it denies me access to them, and LOR will not open them. So if they have a purpose, other than cluttering up my LOR folders, I would love to learn more about these files.

Good info to know there, thanks. A question about the .bak files. If they are backups, how do I access them, or is there a specific way to use these files.

Rename them to .lms or .las- internally that's the format they are.

And the reason you can't open the .lsv and .lcs files is because they are used by the software not something that is intended to be edited by the user.