Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR TREE

G Sawyer

Hi,

At the moment I am trying to run a 12 CCR tree and 15 controllers - 3 LOR 1602W and 12 x showtime resediential light controllers. These run the CCR tree, arches and house lights. For some reason I can get all the house lights, arches, VU poles to work, but only 1/2 the CCR tree. I have tried running one regular network with an auxillary A running 6 CCR's and auxillary B running 6 CCR's all to no avail. My CCR numbers are

4-9 which = 04 -09 and OA - OF and my controllers are 1,2,3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A , 1B. Could anyone please tell me why this would be happening? I have tried different networks. I know that I am missing something small, but have no idea what it could be? I have had the tree running on its own last year, but this year I have added the 12 controllers and now I have a problem.

Thanks

Glenn

:unsure:

Because you already had several controllers last year....you probably already have the Advance software version? And running 3 networks looks correct. I would check a couple of things....

Make sure the sequence for the 6 CCRs not coming on are assign the correct Controller ID and Network.

Verify in the Network Preferences the comm ports are setup correctly for each network adapter.

Verify the cat5 cable between your adapter and first controller is good.

Did you try using the HU and see if it recognizes the 6 CCRs your having problem with??

Kevin

Edited by CLD Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks for reply,Had to go back into lightorama SUPERSTAR and reset my configurations back to Unit star ID 01 - Unit ID first ribbon 04, Standard network 04 - 09 Auxilary network A OA - OF.Tree is going fine again,just have to work out configuration setup to run altogether.

Glenn

I am having the same problem. I cant get the CCR's to come on at all. There are 2 networks controlling 6 CCR's each. The status light on the units is on and the Hardware utility shows them on the network and I can test them and they come on during configuration but they will not run during a sequence. The rest of the lights that are on 16 channel LOR controllers work fine. The networks are asssigned properly and the channels for each CCR unit are correctly named in the sequence editor. What is it that I am missing???

I appreciate any help anyone may be able to offer!

Thanks,

Jim

I am having the same problem. I cant get the CCR's to come on at all. There are 2 networks controlling 6 CCR's each. The status light on the units is on and the Hardware utility shows them on the network and I can test them and they come on during configuration but they will not run during a sequence. The rest of the lights that are on 16 channel LOR controllers work fine. The networks are asssigned properly and the channels for each CCR unit are correctly named in the sequence editor. What is it that I am missing???

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

With some much appreciated help, the only way I got mine going was to run all controllers on two networks. I have 16 channel controllers Unit IDs - 01 - OF

12 CCRs Unit IDs - 11 - 1C

Set software as follows Standard network 01 - 16

Aux A network 17 - 1C

I then went into the Lightorama Hardware page to configure each network and update .Once i have picked up all controllers and updated them I exited and headed to the Lightorama sequence editor page. Click on edit, scroll down to preference to click on Networkwork preference. This will bring up Lor network preference page. I then set standard network first 01 - 16 than I clicked on Aux network and set my last 6 CCRs. I have tried running 3 networks all to no avail. The 12CCRs seem to be running fine without lagging. Sorry about the above post, I was trying to copy your question above my answer. Hope this helps.

Glenn

Thanks Glen,

I have the controllers on 2 networks. Regular is 4 LOR controllers and 6 CCR's Unit ID's 01-0A. Aux A is 6 CCR's Unit ID's 0B-10. My networks are set up in the preferences properly. I can see all of the contrllers using the hardware utility and test them using the console but only the LOR controllers work when I play any sequesnce.

Any ideas?

Do you created any RGB channels set up for the CCRs?

I did. They are set up in superstar and the sequence editor corretly with the proper channels and on the correct network(s) They have the black background and expand to 50 channels per device line

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

I had to set all my CCR as a sub - sequence in my main LOR display.So every song i have to play as a sequence, i had a sub - sequence in it to play my CCR.

Sorry for late reply, but main computer decide to blow up.

Glenn