Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama running slowly

Guest guest

I need help! The animation for my display cant keep up to the music. It gets slow and sometimes does not do the effects right. When my songs are slow and the lights are not flashing much its fine, but when it comes to something big it just cant keep up! My computer is a COMPAQ with a AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL_50 1.60 GHz Processor and a 958 MB (RAM) and a 100GB Hard Drive. Im only using 32 Channels and it just gets to slow. Any help? :(

GamerLink1 wrote:

I need help! The animation for my display cant keep up to the music. It gets slow and sometimes does not do the effects right. When my songs are slow and the lights are not flashing much its fine, but when it comes to something big it just cant keep up! My computer is a COMPAQ with a AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL_50 1.60 GHz Processor and a 958 MB (RAM) and a 100GB Hard Drive. Im only using 32 Channels and it just gets to slow. Any help? :(

Sounds like you have a variable bit rate MP3... you might need to convert it to a fixed or set bit rate... download winamp at winamp.com and play the song, if the bit rate is bouncing up and down or changing, then the MP3 is not compatible with LOR or other lighting softwares.

BTW, a 500 mg Pentium 3 should be sufficient to run LOR or most lighting softwares and be just fine with it.

I use all mp3s and I'm fine...I just adjust the size of the animation screen...and I have no fancy computer...It always works. Sometimes I make the 'vary color of channel buttons' go off or change the others. In my sequences, it defaultly opens like 1/4 screen size...and it doesn't keep up with the music. I just shrink it, and it works great!

I have had the same problem with mp3'3 but not all. Some worked just fine, others did not. Never could narrow down why. After reading some of the suggestions, I switched my problem cases to .wav files. All my problems just went to the land of missing socks!!:laughing:

Another reason could be:

Your computer is maxing out of processing data. Uncheck the "move grid with play" in the "play" selection up top. When your computer is running the animator screen AND moving the grid to the sequence, that's a lot for a computer to process at one time.

Also, make sure other computer applications are not running. This will help as well.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Another reason could be:

Your computer is maxing out of processing data. Uncheck the "move grid with play" in the "play" selection up top. When your computer is running the animator screen AND moving the grid to the sequence, that's a lot for a computer to process at one time.

Also, make sure other computer applications are not running. This will help as well.

Let me suggest, one observation I have had is that most of the modern softwares really do not keep up as well as Dasher did even on computers 30 times faster. The screen updates are definately off, I learned a long time ago... its better to shrink row and column sizes rather then increase resolution. I would not use over 1024 X 768 and also NEVER USE 32 bit color. There is no difference in your picture, colors, detail, etc except now you doubled how much screen memory you use and have to process to see your screen, meaning, 32 bit is 1/2 as fast as 16 bit. ALWAYS use 16 bit color, it will help greatly.