Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB pixels in visualizer are painful.... :)

n_gifford

Sorry, I can't edit the original post with this link.  I forgot that I posted the link for my 50 pixel prop, then I cleaned out the public folder in my Dropbox account.  After a few requests for the prop from people that have read this thread, I've re-uploaded the prop.

Here's a good link for the same, simple 50 pixel prop:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32004946/50pixel%20string.lpf

Same as before, right click and select "save as".  Good luck!

I am happy to move that into the Fixtures and Props sticky at the top if you like....

Excellent! That certainly makes it a lot less painful! Thank you @MCas4380!

Yeah SO it was the right Video. Your welcome Just something i found.

Hi All,

I have been working on a utility that will produce mega-tree props for RGB Pixel lights. It has the ability to save the prop as a single file or individual files that make up the prop. With this utility I created a 12 string, 42 pixel per string prop that has 2 strands per string. This gives me a 180 degree mega tree with 504 lights. Total channels are 1512.

I can import this prop into a blank visualization (640x480). I can move it around and stretch it to the look and size I like. I can then run it along with the sequencer and the lights react properly. I can also import the .LEE file in SSE and (if I had a higher channel license) I could sequence the full tree.

The only problem I have is when I go to edit the full prop in the visualizer. On my system the program stops working and drops out. If I reload the .LEE file with the prop I can select fixtures and each fixture is available and editable. Only when I try to work on the full PROP does the system shut down. This is not a big deal.

I know the visualizer has some limitations but I am not sure what they are. Does someone have any idea on what they may be? I would like to insure the file I am creating is as valid as possible.

Thanks,

Victor

New tools for Pixels are on the wishlist, but they have not yet been approved.

CCRs work well though :)

Thanks, Hopefully soon so we have enough time to prepare for this season.

You are welcome. You may have to edit the XML in order for it to work properly in the Visualizer.

I am working on a utility that builds these types of props and my next adventure is RGB ARCHES. I am still working on getting these RGB pixel props to load into the Visualizer. It seems the program has some limitations I have not figured out yet.

Maybe I will post the utility once I am comfortable with it.

Victor

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Here is a link to a demo for the Smart Pixel System. This should give anyone a general overview of how the system works.

http:// db.tt/fzh8yKTw

This is the first installment of the Smart Pixel System. I am working on adding in the links outlined below so the users will not have do the work of making sure their system has the necessary framework files installed.

Another item I am working on is adding an icon on the desktop. Right now the install will only create in All Programs a CsdII\Rgb System entry. To run the system navigate there and click the link and the system should kick off. You can also create a shortcut for the system and place it on your desktop.

Anyway follow the instructions below to get this version of the system installed.

If you have any issues or problems please feel free to post here at the forum or send me a mail and I will address anything reported as soon as possible.

Thanks and Enjoy!
Victor

Download Link for SlimDX

Run the link provided below. Once there under the End User Runtime section select the .NET 4.0 x86 Download link.
When prompted Run the download and this will install the necessary runtimes for the Smart Pixel System.

http:// slimdx.org/download.php

Download Link for .NET Framework 4.0 Full

Run the link provided below. Once there click the download button and run the installer

http:// www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Once these steps are complete you system should be able to run the Smart Pixel System. 

https:// www.dropbox.com/s/ww6uq7j5tbs97ne/SpsSetup.msi

NOTE: Please remove the spaces after the // to run the link in the address bar.

Edited by Vfere863

Hey Victor, any chance of increasing the string number and pixel number above 24 and 50 respectively?? Thanks!!

I am working on the next release of the system and will include changing the maximums of the string and pixel values for the props.

Thanks for the feedback,

Victor

• 4 weeks later...

I am working on the next release of the system and will include changing the maximums of the string and pixel values for the props.

Thanks for the feedback,

Victor

Very impressive start for vr 1.0....    Sure looks promising...   Kinda getting errors importing more than one prop on Visualizer...   not sure why yet, probably me.    Would be nice to have a utility that can do mass edit RGB channel assignments should you need to split large props across non continuously numbered universes. 

I am so thankful for this LOR community and people like yourself investing your time for the promotion of this crazy hobby.

• 8 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody had a fantastic holiday.

I am posting today about a new utility I am working on, it is called RGB Studio. It allows the user to create different models (MEGA TREES, ARCHES, STARS, and so on) and then export them out to a LOR Prop file. This file can then be loaded into the LOR Visualizer.

It also allows the user to sequence the models and export the sequencing to an LOR Clipboard file that can then be used in the LOR Sequencer.

The system is very new and has some glitches that I am currently working on but I decided to provide a video of what the system can do. If you get a chance take a look and send me any comments or suggestions. I am hoping to release this in the next couple of weeks as a BETA so keep checking the forums for updates.

Thanks,

Victor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gbv1hrw53to1tq/RGBStudioDemo.mp4

Edited by Vfere863

Im here too for testing :)

My primary problem, as with others is the fix limit of 1024.

I dont quite follow what you said about exporting the prop file as a whole?  could you please explain?

Edited by ShellNZ

In the RGB Studio when working with your models you have two options to export the model to a visualizer prop file.

When you select export as single it will take the complete model and create one file for the model. For example my mega tree is 12 strings with 42 pixels per string and I have the strings as 2 strands per string. That becomes 24 strings of 21 pixels in the layout. The total channel count is 1512 channels. When I then import that file into the visualizer I hit the limit of 64 fixtures per prop quickly and even though I can do some work with the prop it basically causes the visualizer to eventually crash.

To work around this issue with large models I as provide the ability for the user to create multiple files that represent their model. In my case that would be 24 files with one string in each file. With this I am able to import the 24 files and not exceed the visualizer limits. It does require more work to put the model back to how it looked in RGB Studio and you cannot group these into one object in the visualizer but it does allow you to continue to work with your visualization.

My suggestions for using this is if the model you have created is less then the 64 fixture limit then use the single option if not then use the multiple option.

I am hoping that LOR is looking into this and will have an approach that will correct it so we can import these large display items.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by Vfere863

I could use your software right now! I'm having issues trying to create a 12 string(50 pixels/150 channels each string) pixel tree. So far, I can't get the visualizer to work with me.

Its actually the 1024fix limit I have trouble with.

For example, this year I am makinga 80x50 matrix.  Thats 4000 pixels (indiv controlled) lol.

I can have a 1/4 of the matrix showing in a .lee file all of its own.  Hopeless.

Hi All,

I am going to release RGB Studio Beta 1 to allow all of you to put it thru it paces. Now it is a BETA and there are problems but for the most part it does work. Here is some additional information about what had just been implemented.

• Number of Pixels have a max of 100.
  • Pixels per String has a max of 300
  • NEW - Starting node position (L-B, L-T, R-T, R-B) also for stars and wreaths (L Corner, R Corner, T Corner, B Corner - Clockwise and Counter Clockwise)

I have also been working on the sequence grid. Still a work in progress. Also some of the button states in the sequencer may not act properly. Still a work in progress.

There is currently no install for this system but if you download the zip file from the link and then unzip it to a empty folder all you need to do is double click the .EXE program and it should run. You will need the .NET 4.0 FULL Framework installed. Use your search engine and look for .NET 4.0 FULL Framework and follow the download links. Please get it from Microsoft's site.

Here is the link to the RGB Studio BETA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocamdq72j9h5vzo/RGBStudioBeta1.zip

Please let me know of any issues and please enjoy the software.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi All,

I just posted that a new update is coming out for RGB Studio over in the RGB Pixel utility section. That is where I will be posting system and video updates. if you would like to follow this system please look over there for any new updates.

Thanks,

Victor