Problem setting up multiple networks

Manti

I'm trying to use multiple networks for the first time and having no luck getting the Auxiliary networks to work. I'm trying to check it out using one 16 channel controller and 2 CCRs but I can't get the two CCRs to respond when I am using the Sequence editor but they work okay when I check them with the Hardware utility.

My setup is as follows:

LOR 3.8.0 Advanced with 24CCR license

Three RS485 converters.

Windows shows Ports Comm3, Comm4, Comm5 in the Device manager

Network preferences in the sequencer set for Regular for Comm4, AuxA for Comm3, AuxB for Comm5

1 16 Channel controller with ID set to 1 on Standard channel.

1 CCR with ID set to 4 on AuxA

1 CCR with ID set to 5 on AuxB

I've modified one of my sequences from last year to run 1 CCR arch on AuxA and the other CCR arch on AuxB.

When I run the sequence in the editor while controlling lights, the lights on the 16 channel controller respond properly but I get no response at all on the CCRs.

I've swapped things around and still can't get them to work. Am kind of lost at this and am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much welcomed.

Mike A.

Be sure to label your rs485 converters. Unplug them all then plug them in one at a time and watch device manager to see which is added. If your had all that right the problem may be in your sequence. In the hardware utility are you changing the comm port number on the left? If you get the question, is this the comm port to use for shows.. you should answer NO and then check the dont ask me again button. If you answered Yes this this question then your network settings were changed. Close HWU and go back to network settings program and check they are still correct.

Back in HWU With the arrangement you described you should see only one unit for each comm port. You are correct to keep the until numbers unique across networks. Its MUCH easier that way.

If you still have problems you can post your sequence or config for us to look at. Dont forget.. extremely important.. when you start using more then one network.. Always keep all the rs485s plugged in. You dont need the cat5 cable, just the usb to rs485. If you unplug any of the three, SE will not be able to communicate with the other ones which are still connected.

I'm using LOR protocol.

My apologies on how described my layout. I should have stated that is just the test rig I'm using to test the use of multiple LANs at the moment. Once I understand how it works my actual layout includes about 40 - 70 count LED strings, 2 CCRs and 5 double string CCPs. My intent is that the LED strings and the 2 CCRs will be on the Regular network, 3 CCPs will be on AuxA and 2 CCPs will be on AuxB.

Going to test out Bob's suggestions here shortly.

Mike A.

Did more testing and everything works fine when its the 16 channel and 2 CCRs are on the Regular network. I've switched them around on different RS485s and checked. Attached are a couple of jpegs and my test sequence. I'm guessing I'm missing something basic in the network setup.

Mike A.

post-6059-0-35633900-1352665845_thumb.jp

post-6059-0-93405700-1352665846_thumb.jp

Music Boxer Dancer test with 3 LANs.zip