Converting Mr. Christmas Machine to LOR Channels How?

RickAbel43

Hi

I read on a post on here that you can convert a Mr.Christmas 6 channel mahine to run with your LOR How? I read it but it did not say how to do it can someone explain? I have 2 Mr Christmas Machines and i just started this year with my first LOR 16 channel system and with what i want to do i can use a couple extra channel;s until i am able to buy another 1 or 2 LOR next year during the sale....Thankyou Rick

Here's the best method:

1) Put them on Craigslist

2) Wait for someone to buy

3) Take the money, and buy LOR controllers.

Seriously it's not worth the hassle. A few people have used them as additional SSRs (relays) and such but for 6 more channels, it's really not worth the hassle.

• Like 2

Think that the reason that they did not tell you how it was done. Is that someone is pulling your leg? I would think that there is no way to control a Mr Christmas with the LOR S3 software.

Closest thing I've seen was someone who hacked the SSR portion so they could control it with a DIO board or parallel port controller. It was more as a stubborn "yes it can be done" than anything of any practical value.

Tim I thought you had done that before ... hmmmm .. maybe it was just a way to turn it on and off...

I do remember that hack ... had 3 of those things at one time .. been giving them to those that want blinky/flashy with no sync and no bucks... LOL