Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Utility Ready for Download!

Guest guest

You all can stop PM'ing me - I have put a link to an install routine for the utility on my web site.

Link: http://www.chuckscorner.com/LORUtility.htm

If you have a copy I sent you, get rid of it and use this. I've fixed all of the problems (I think) and this will give you a nice shortcut to start it from.

Some minimalist instructions are also on the web site.

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Enjoy.

Edit: The utility allows you to open an LCC (channel configuration file), add notes to each channel and print it.

johnny christmas wrote:

VERY nice work...maybe version 1.0.0.1 could have a save option? lol

again, very nice and thanks!

I debated that. I could add a ton of things but I'm going to wait to see what LOR-II offers before I start writing code.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:
VERY nice work...maybe version 1.0.0.1 could have a save option? lol

again, very nice and thanks!

I debated that. I could add a ton of things but I'm going to wait to see what LOR-II offers before I start writing code.

ah, good point

OK. You talked me into it. I added a save function. Just download it again and re-install.

It saves to a tab-delimited text file that you can import into Excel or whatever and print.

Attached files 137645=8146-LOR.jpg

Thank you Chuck,

This came in really handy after I had made all the tweaks to my channels. I was able to easily see what the settings for all the channels were, and noticed three mistakes I had made in the set-up. The ability to save notes has really helped when I was adjusting all the other sequences. The Excel sheet I had made just wasn't cutting it, but this was just the thing I needed.

Great job! (Maybe Dan needs another coder to help with LOR II...:))

jeff

ChuckHutchings wrote:

OK. You talked me into it. I added a save function. Just download it again and re-install.

It saves to a tab-delimited text file that you can import into Excel or whatever and print.

SWEET!!!

that just makes things SOOO much easier

this thing is great...print it up and take it outside with you when you set up...GREAT idea...

HEY DAN HIRE THIS GUY!!!

johnny christmas wrote:

this thing is great...print it up and take it outside with you when you set up...GREAT idea...

Exactly!

Do you know how many times I had to jot down unit/channel info on a post-it note last year? :devil: And I only had 80 channels then. I'd HATE to think about doing it that way now!

Glad you like it.

BTW: I added a new feature: It now also displays the device type (LOR, DIO, X10, etc. for each channel). The current version is 1.0.0.3. Just click your "About" button to see if you have the most current version. If you don't, go download it again.

ME?!? Dude, it's 2007! :laughing:

It works with Vista, though.

I'll put a link to a plain-old zip file on the site but you'll have to create your own short cuts.

I'll PM you when I get a chance to do it.

just got a great idea for the notes section...load the channels into the prog and in the notes put the extension cord info so when you go outside to put the display together everything is there in black and white...LOVE IT!!!

Chuck,

Thanks, this has saved a lot of time for me this year as I have had to re-arrange all of my channels since adding additional boards and grouping items, (a mistake on my part last year). I enjoyed your web site, spent a couple hours browsing, good information and your articles were interesting. and your how-to's, good points!!

Thanks,

Ray V.

Bwahahahahaha!

I finished the Sudoku this morning and was getting bored so I started thinking and suddenly realized that it wasn't as difficult to write an LCC compatible file as I had originally thought.

After an hour or so piddling around (and listening to Car Talk and Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me) I think I have if figured out. I've updated the installer on the web site with a new version that writes everything (including your notes!) to a .CCC file that you can import into the LOR Sequence editor (it reads it like any other LCC file and ignores the notes.)

Now, you just open an LCC file, modify any units/channels/colors/device types and add your notes and click "Save". BAM! A file of the same name as the LCC file is created but with a CCC (Chuck's Channel Configuration) extension.

Now, go to the LOR Sequence editor and Import Channel Config. Change the file spec to *.ccc and select the file you just saved.

If all goes well, your changes will be reflected in the LOR Sequence Editor.

Notes/Caveats:

1. The animation MIGHT get hosed - I haven't really tested it but it appears to save it OK.

2. X10 units are supported but you have to know how to set the ID. I might address this in the future.

3. I have not updated the web site to reflect these changes so the tutorial has the old instructions.

4. If you still want the TXT tab-delimited file, choose File/Export and carry on as usual.

5. When you click Open, you can select whether you want to open an LCC file OR one of your new CCC format files! If you re-open a CCC files, all of your notes will be displayed.

6. You can drag and drop LCC & CCC files onto the utility from the Windows Explorer or wherever and it will automatically open them. If you drop more than one, it will open each additional file in a new window!

Honestly, I rule. :(

Feel free to report any problems/issues/wish lists.

Attached files 137803=8152-LOR.jpg