Instant sequence only provides random results

n_gifford

I'm at a complete loss with this one. I've created a visualization file for my tree, and imported it into Superstar. The tree is 22 strings of 23 RGB pixels each. I first created the strings with 3 extra 'dummy' pixels each in order to get SS to separate the strings (Otherwise it combines 2 strings in each column of the sequencing area). I seem to be able to get everything to work except for instant sequence.

When I instant sequence a portion of a song, it provides random effects, regardless of what effect I plug into the instant sequence. The random effects look more like twinkling than anything else.

I created a new visualization file and removed the 'dummy' pixels, hoping that might make a difference. Unfortunately it provides the same results, plus it makes it more difficult to sequence since SS then combines 2 strings together to give me 11 instead of 22.

Any thoughts on getting instant sequence to work properly would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: FWIW, I upgraded to 3.8.0 with no improvement.

Edited by n_gifford

More importantly though, do you ever sleep?!?!? You always seem to be available!.... :) Email sent, by the way.

I think the biggest reason I feel bad about bugging you so often, is because I know in the back of my mind that this software was not designed for my hardware. So, I try to work things out on my own as often as possible as I try to adapt. However, if there's anything I can do to help make it that much more versatile, I'm more than willing. I'm excited about using it now, and I know that it can only get better with people able to test it with various setups.