Light-O-Rama Forums

New prop for this years christmas

hotrod468

is is better then you every day bouncing arch. Here is a new idea for those of you who would like a new style prop that has been untested for christmas display. It is a 10.5 foot star arch with 380led modules with 9 led's each 3 red, 3 blue, 3 green for a total of 3420 led's and it is bright as you will see in the video. I am using 2 LOR 16 channel 12v controllers and 30 of those channels go to this star. It will make any color with the right mix in the right levels I can't wait to really get into the sequencing and see all the stuff I can add with this. But here is a video of the star let me know what you think I think is is better then you every day bouncing arch.

• Like 1

Thanks took about 6 weeks to make it my wife started it without knowing what she was getting us into. She found this thing on the facebook garage sale page for our area for 65 bucks. We had to redo the sheeting on it because it had that crappy interior panel on it and the first rain did that in. But after it is all said and done we have about 800 in it hope the nieghbors like as much as you do. I will post a real sequence when I get the camera out again this thing came out even better then we expected once I put some music to it.

What else will be in your display? Its impressive in an over-the-top sort of way, but woudl be concerned about it overpowergn everything else.

And, my opinion only, i wouldn't consider it a replacement for "your every day bouncing arch"...worst case, I'm sure they could co-exist happily.

I hope to have 4 bouncing arches built as well by the end of next week with these same led modules. There is also 2,10 channel kind of mini mega trees made from some 5 leg led display type tree's that are 6' tall. The whole house all the widows etc. all led as well as an led fence that I might put into segments this year. I have really just discoverd the whole DMX/12volt thing and love it I built 4 of the holiday coro floods to wash the painted parts of the house. I have more then tripled my channel count this year so there is still alot up in the air however I am sure we will have it all worked out by setup weekend the 23rd thru the 25th. As for the star being over powering I am commited now so we will have to work that out as well but I think it is a good fit for right now. I am at a stage of upgrade right now so there is still plenty to work out but I do have to say that it is as exciting as when I had just the original 16 channel controller. This year I am going from 32 to 134 channels and have it all sequenced already accept the arches and they shouldn't take to much of the time I have left to get done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here goes the whole display I don't think it is to bad the star was a good fit and with a little tweeking I think it will be even better.

Had lot of back ground noise at first I think a jet was passing its about 75 db at the street. I live in a rural area 75 db get pretty loud at night after people quit moving around but next year think I am going to FM so people can hear it in the car if they like.

Guest wbottomley

Had lot of back ground noise at first I think a jet was passing its about 75 db at the street. I live in a rural area 75 db get pretty loud at night after people quit moving around but next year think I am going to FM so people can hear it in the car if they like.

What are you this year, AM?

Looks good. Id consider moving the star left on your yard. It's dark there and the start won't be lost in your house behind the arches. Maybe 25 feet left. Love the star though. Very cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would share some video you can hear the audio with as requested and notice there is a chrimas tree in the middle of the star as per the managment just a little off center because of where the camera was located.

http://youtu.be/gxhRdtpPwpA

100%

100%

• The topic was locked