Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.1 Sequence Editor Question/Issue?

Guest guest

Does anyone know how to 'split' timimg events in an existing sequence? In other words, I want to split a timing event in an existing music sequence into say 5 parts (take a timimg event that is 0.05 and split it into 5 parts that are each 0.01).

I know I can resize the event, but that changes the timing.

If I 'Insert Multiple Events', it adds time to the sequence and leaves blank spaces in the sequence... I just want to be able to split the event into smaller pieces and have it keep the light commands that are in the column...

Does that make sense? What am I missing? Can it be done?

thanks...

Dan

I think you are experiencing something that has always been the case.

In your example, you have .05 segment that you are splitting into 5 .01 segments.

When you 'insert multiple events' the last .04 segments are going to be blank.

inserting multiple events is what i did but it didnt change my overall time cause it places those events in the time slot you told it to. As for changing your overall beat timing was my issue cause i have a mega tree that i added so what i did was this. I have 2 sequences 1 that has the original beat set and one that i am sequencing. when i need to see where the beat originally was i pull up that screen see where the beat time i supposed to be and then minimize that screen till i need it again

thanks, gsxr...

I just want to split the column into smaller pieces and keep the lighting commands that are there... that way I can get some faster animation in a couple of spots in the sequence without getting the blank spots you get when you insert multiple events...

dandyman wrote:

I just want to be able to split the event into smaller pieces and have it keep the light commands that are in the column...

Dan

Dan,

I don't quite understand why you would want to add event times to make them shorter and keep the light commands the same. Aren't you adding events in the same space to change light commands for the faster point of the song?

Just wondering,

Tom

Hi, Tom...

I have a sequence I'm working on that has event timing set at 0.05... I've got a lot of channels sequenced already and I'm working on another group of channels.

In a particular place in the song, I would like to be able to add a faster-moving sequence. To do that, I need to change the event timing (just in that area's columns) to 0.01 (so I can make the animation in those channels move faster). I can 'Insert Multiple Events' in that area, but when I do that, it leaves 'X-1' number of blank spaces in the channel sequences that are already done ['X' depends on how many events you want to put in the selected column(s)].

I was looking for some way to just 'split/add events to' the selected columns and keep the completed individual channels in tact... kind of like the reverse of the 'Delete Extraneous Events' command... That command removes the extra event timings and leaves the lighting commands in tact... does that make sense?

Thanks Dan,

I understand now. You have some channels that are highlighted and you don't want them to change (or have blank spots) when adding events for other channels.

Hummm, maybe LORII will have an option for this.

Tom

After you split the event, you will have to redraw the other smaller boxes within the event you split. Yes it is kind of a pain if you have a lot of channels.
That is why I now start all my sequences with .05 timing and then tap a beat track.

As I update my older sequences with new channels I'm kind of stuck with my original timings unless I want to spend a ton of time on them.

Thanks, Brian...

Yeah, that's what I started to do and decided it wasn't woth it for a second or so...

My default is 0.05 also... this time I should've started w/0.01 !!

Live and learn, I quess. :)