Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with getting show to work

Guest guest

Ok, I have tested my 2 LOR controllers, the lights work. I can listen to my sequences on the computer. When I put the sequence into the show editor and scheduler I can watch it play on the computer but none of the lights work outside. Any ideas of what I am not doing?

Another question is will the scheduler play only lss files? When I save a new sequence or animation it is either the LAS or LMS format.

The 4th is getting close and it is crunch time..I'm getting nervous. HELP!

Well, you must put your sequences into a show. The Scheduler will only play SHOW files...not sequences. Are you sure your controllers are connected through the hardware utility? Did you enable shows? Are the LEDs on the boards steady or blinking?

The red lights were solid when I tested them..I will check to see if they are when I try and run the show. I just checked and they are still blinking. It shows that it is enabled and the times that the current show is running.

Stumped!

nettnut wrote:

I can watch it play on the computer but none of the lights work outside.

If you're running the show with the scheduler, you should NOT be able to "watch it play on the computer".

Make sure everything else is closed. Sequences and H.U.

If your controllers are hooked up correctly, you will have a solid red LED light. This is telling you that the controllers and computer are talking to each other.

You can only run one system at a time. Either a show, H.U. or a sequence but not together.

Do the lights play out side when you just play a sequence? Remember to have the "Control Lights" checked for this.

Edit: Can you go thru the process with us as to how you set up the show/scheduler? It might give us a better idea of what's (or what's not) going on.

Tom

Something I remembered from my first attempt, I had forgotten to assign the unit and channel in the sequence. My first attempt was very fustrating, because the hardward utility told me that everything was fine, but stupid me. Assigned the unit and channel and everything worked just fine. Just a thought.