Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help Loading Software on new CPU?

Guest guest

I received a new computer from my work and have tried to load my Light-o-rama software. Everything seemed to go good until I opened each section (ex. sequence, scheduler, hardware utility, etc.). A Microsoft Professional 2000 popped up every time, I press cancel about six times and it goes away. This thing pops up everytime I open them and I can't get rid of it. Also, when I went to upgrade the software on the support page - It says that a current version is running. I have tried to turn off the menu but it will not. It will not allow me to complete the install.

Seems very wierd - I loaded everything onto my last computer with no problems.

Any idea's?

Thanks, Bill

Questions:

1. Was this a "NEW" new computer or just "NEW" to you? (i.e.: it came pre-loaded with "baggage".)

2. What O/S is installed?

3. What do you mean "A Microsoft Professional 2000 popped up every time"? <-- This doesn't sound like something you'd get on a "NEW" computer!

4. Are you sure you don't have the tray app running? Check the task manager and make sure no LOR processes are running and try installing again.

The computer is new to me - not new all together.

It has Windows XP for O/S

I had nothing running at the time of initial install, once software was installed the lightbulb at the bottom of the tray was there - meaning it was running. I then clicked on sequence editor, hardware utililty to run them and a message reqgarding Microsoft Professional 2000 popped up everytime. I clicked cancel about 6 or 7 times and it went away and opened the sequence or hardware utility.

thanks, bill

Try letting the popup box run. I am familiar with this behavior in other applictions (never heard of it with LOR.) In the other apps, if you just let the box do it thing for a few minutes, it will finish and never appear again. It's worth a try.:)

contactmike1 wrote:

Try letting the popup box run. I am familiar with this behavior in other applictions (never heard of it with LOR.) In the other apps, if you just let the box do it thing for a few minutes, it will finish and never appear again. It's worth a try.:)

Now that I think about it - the same thing happened to me. The MS Office setup got fired up whenever I tried to open an LOR file.

Can't remember how I made it go away...I think i removed Office and reinstalled LOR.

Either that or I just bought a new PC! :laughing: