Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting up with CCR's

serky

Hi all,

I decided to attempt to start slow and run 2 CCR's for Christmas with my other old fashioned lights and a Santa video. I play Christmas music from SiriusXM and am not looking to sync. So a few questions:

Once I get the CCR's programmed using Superstar and export them, how do I get them to run? I have not got to this point yet, just wondering the process.

After they are running, do they automatically loop when the file ends?

My home is automated and plan on turning the power supply off automatically when I arm the system at night. I plan on controlling the file run times with the scheduler. Would that work? Do I need to turn off power saving modes on the laptop? When the power supply turns on the following day, I assume the CCR's will pick up from where the file is? Is there a reason I should not do this?

Any other pointers would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

You could run them from the computer if you wished. The scheduler would simply repeat the show during the time you have it scheduled. You would use the Show Editor and Schedule Editor to create your show and schedule.

Yes, the show repeats for as long as it is scheduled.

If I remember correctly, the CCR controller has the ability to run stand-alone, thus allowing you to load a sequence onto the controller directly. That being the case, you could load the sequence onto the CCR controller and it would run anytime it has power. No computer needed with this method.

Thanks Don,

I thought I read about the controller being a stand alone. I assume if they are turned on the same time, they would be in sync otherwise I would still use the computer. I guess without music, that would be the easiest installation. I still might do the music route but not sure if I have enough time. I would hate to play the same song/s over and over.

I am getting the CCRs today and will report back with any other questions.

Thanks again,

Jason

Ok, I decided to use music. I created a bunch of .sup files. I exported them to the sequences folder as .lms. Where do I go from here? Is there a tutorial anywhere that can walk me through it?

What I want to be able to do is load a bunch of the files and have them play in a loop.

Take a look at the S3 Video Tutorials link at the top of the forum page. (Or click here.)

You now need to create a 'show' and then schedule the show to run at the times you desire.