Light-O-Rama Forums

need help to setup for 12 ccr

cbraz70

ok here goes i have 6 lor controllers that i use last year with sd card mini director so i guess i needed more of a challenge so i bought 12 ccr and i have no clue what else i need to complete setup. i talked to someone and they said i need to setup 2 networks to do this. my question is can it work with mini director if not whats my best options to setup 12 ccr plus 6 lor controllers.

I am not an expert but my reading has me believing you should probably start at a minimum of 3 networks. The suggestion is a max of 6 CCR's per network. I don't have a mini director, so I can't help you there.

Steve

I don't use mini-director, but having 14 CCR's since 2009, I would highly recommend 2+ USB 485's to control your CCR's, I use 3 for my matrix and I can notice minor "mis-fires" with 3, nobody else can see it, I don't know if SuperSpeed is released yet, if it is you will only need one USB-485 controller

The mini director only has a certain amount of network bandwidth it can output, by using the mini director with 12 CCRs will mean you have to compromise your refresh rate which means you may have to push out your timings in your sequence. the other option is to use mainly macros for the CCRs. But dont expect to run 12CCRs on a mini director at a refresh rate of 25ms without using macros.

• The topic was locked