Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing length of sequence with no audio file

k6ccc

I am very new to Superstar. I have found that just like the Sequence Editor, a sequence that has an audio file will be the same length as the audio file. In Sequence Editor you can easily change the total length of an animation sequence, but I have not found a way to change the total time of a sequence in Superstar that does not have an audio file.

I did figure that I could export a 5 minute animation file from Superstar and shorten the timing in Sequence Editor. However that does not work as well if I'm trying to do a longer animation.

You are right, there is currently no way to change the time length of a file. It is something I have on my list to do and have yet to do it.

Currently the only workaround is to open the .sup file in notepad and manually change the top line which will say something like:

<SuperStarMetaFile saveFileVersion="2" sequenceCentisecondLength="60000" musicFilename="">

If you wanted a 30 second length, you would change it to:

<SuperStarMetaFile saveFileVersion="2" sequenceCentisecondLength="3000" musicFilename="">

OK, I see that. I am used to manually editing xml files so that is easy (I do it on LOR sequence files regularly).

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Found this 3.5 year old post when I went looking for how to change the length of an animated SS sequence.

Is there now a way to change the length, other than the workaround Brian suggests?

Thanks.

I don't believe that has changed.  Note that it's REAL easy to do.  If you are not comfortable manually editing the file, E-Mail it to me (or put it on a web server that I can get it from if it's too large to E-Mail), and tell me how long you want it, and I'll do it for you.  Please zip the file before sending it - .sup files compress very well.

Thanks, k6ccc.

I'm very comfortable changing the code in the .sup file, as Brian outlines.  I'll give it a try now.

Thanks very much for letting me know nothing yet new here, and for the offer to make the change for me.

Ed

Just to close the loop:  Brian's workaround works PERFECTLY, and was extremely easy to do.

Thanks all.

Ed