Light-O-Rama Forums

WHT bad quality

Brandon.n.h

Hello! I'm having problems setting up the Whole House Transmitter. I've searched my best broadcasting station, but the audio sounds like it's coming out of $2 pair of ear phones when plugged to my pc. I've also tried my iPhone and the audio sounds great, but has a little fuzz. Any suggestions? Is zara radio free and would that help improve pc audio? How can I change the antenna to the longer one that was included?

thank you!

The way I made mine work last year was to put the "not legal for the USA" antenna on it. I could get about 50-75 yards with it. I also found that if you turn the volume down on the pc and adjust the WHT volume for your sound. Also, there is supposed to be a switch under a label somewhere that if you flip it, you get a little better reception.

Without the extra length on the antenna, I took my WHT and Laptop outside inside my truck, started a sequence and had nothing but static at about 2 feet from the truck antenna. That was unacceptable. This year I bought a Ramsey.

Been around this forum for over 2 years and can't recall anyone stating they were really happy with the WHT. Most will tell you your title says it all .
:(

Yes and I regret my purchase, though I thought at first it would be good being that lor sells it. I have no idea of how to change the antenna though and at least would like to do that until next year.

My suggestion is to send it back and get you one from www.dagcoelectronics.com . I started out with the WHT and even after modifying the unit and adding a booster and outside antenna, I never could get the results I needed. The unit below is the way to go. I now get close to a mile with mine. I could not be more pleased with the transmitter.

button_prev.gif

button_return_to_product_list.gif

button_next.gif

04ab11bc94ab5fc887607ca789eb6329.image.250x166.png

VIEW LARGER IMAGE

500 mW RangeStar Wireless Music Long Range FM Transmitter

Starting at: $129.95 $99.95

Save: 23% off

Troy, i got that 05B on eBay for $50.00 last year. Unless they changed it is it still 100mw/500mw?

How do you like it? I'm thinking maybe I can have time to order and return the WH.

love it. they also are offering the came unit in a combo with antenna and coax. look under bundle deals on the right of their website

Brandon I have mine set at the 100mw setting and still goes about 2.5 blocks with the rubber antenna. So I'm gonna move it to the basement to see if it will help knock down the range.

My suggestion is to send it back and get you one from www.dagcoelectronics.com . I started out with the WHT and even after modifying the unit and adding a booster and outside antenna, I never could get the results I needed. The unit below is the way to go. I now get close to a mile with mine. I could not be more pleased with the transmitter.

button_prev.gif

button_return_to_product_list.gif

button_next.gif

04ab11bc94ab5fc887607ca789eb6329.image.250x166.png

VIEW LARGER IMAGE

500 mW RangeStar Wireless Music Long Range FM Transmitter

Starting at: $129.95 $99.95

Save: 23% off

I ordered one of those last night!

I purchased the same unit earlier this year and it appears to perform very good from my initial tests. The sticker on mine says it came from www.elecsky.com - I think I paid about $50 + $25 shipping for it on ebay. Just search for CZH-05B and you will find it sold on many websites for about the same price.